1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Leafs VS AAL VS Shackles VS Block

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacosorus, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Nov 21, 2020 at 11:28 AM
    tacosorus

tacosorus [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Salt Lake City UT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I'm adding suspension, wheels and tires to my 2015 TRD Sport 4x4 and trying to figure out the best way to lift the rear.

I got 16'' SCS F5s -25 offset, BFG KO2's 285x75r16 and just ordered a set of Bilstein 6112's for the front with the clip set to the 5th postion for 2.46" of lift (About 2.5"). Also ordered the 5160's for the back.

I'm trying to learn about the pros and cons of different rear lift options. I want the rear to ride level with the front and it seems like completely new leaf springs would level it out and provide the smoothest ride with the most travel. Would a 3" set make it level with the front?

Add A Leaf seems like a more budget friendly option. Would adding 1.5" AALs level it out? Are their downsides to this? Will the leafs warp?

Just learning about shackles now. Apparently they are similar to a block but you get articulation? Would these reduce the travel compared to adding or changing the leafs out?

I'm planning to drive some rugged roads in Moab, and want to be able to carry some decent speed through the rough stuff fairly smoothly. No extreme off roading, but not interested in building a "Mall Crawler"

What opinions do you guys have on this??

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top