1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEW LIFT, New Camber bolt?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jwardo28, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Mar 16, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    jwardo28

jwardo28 [OP] Member

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    3" inch Bilstein adjustable height 5100 Series struts in the front and add a leaf in the rear
    I just put on a new 3 inch lift and i went to get it aligned and i was told that they could not align my front wheels because i needed a new Camber bolt, has anyone else ran into this or should i take it to a different shop? I am going to put on 33's but right now i have my stock tires on, would that make a difference?

2. Mar 16, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    The cams are known to seize in the lower control arms so it's completely possible. They're not lubricated from the factory for some reason.

Loosen the bolt and try turning the cam yourself. If it's locked, you'll need to order new parts, cut the old ones out, probably drill the bolt out of the LCA as well (most likely just replace the LCA bushings and sleeve since it'll all be seized together), and install the new stuff before aligning.

Make sure you lube stuff up during reassembly. Might also want to lube up the non-seized side while you're under there.

Of course, this is all assuming that the shop is telling the truth. ;)

3. Mar 16, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    jwardo28

jwardo28 [OP] Member

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    3" inch Bilstein adjustable height 5100 Series struts in the front and add a leaf in the rear
    Iam not sure if is seized i saw him loosen them and then rotate the bolt and try and adjust it but he said that when it got to a certain point the oblonged washer would turn and he could not align it properly. but i have seen a lot of people with these lifts and hvent really heard too much about alignment problems. so i am not sure if that is the problem, but what do you think?

4. Mar 16, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    06stex

06stex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Corpus Christi, Texas 361
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD 6" Fabtech..limo tint
    6 inch Fabtech, Dirt Logic 2.5 coilovers, Light Racing UCAs 17x9 XD spy, 305 65 17 Extreme ATs, Limo all around, Kicker speakers,Kicker L5 10 inch sub, 400 watt kicker mono amp In dash Pioneer with Ipod cable, Flowmaster 50, bedmat, toolbox, K N Filter, cheapo seat covers, 6000k HIDs upfront, bhlm,DDM 5000K fogs, tailgate mod, and many more to come.
    Agreed they will seize, when i put on my 6 inch lift this happened to me. My eccentric bolts seized inside the alignment cam ( its aluminum). And for some reason they are not lubricated from the factory so antiseize is a must. Good luck mjp2 is totally right. Wish you the best, new alignment cams and bolts from toyota are about 120.00 bucks for the whole front and if new LCA bushings are needed there are no aftermarkets bushings available so factory is the only way to go. About 70 bucks per bushing.

Products Discussed in

To Top