1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member, already addicted to MODS

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JMCTacoma, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    JMCTacoma

JMCTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08' Tacoma Reg Cab Base Model
    Few: Custom Bike Rail Rack, Thermometer, Bed Tie Downs, Custom Emblems, 5% Rear Tint, 35% Side, LIFT soon
    Just picked up my Tacoma, about two weeks ago, already put new tires, made some home made bed tie downs, made a bike rack. Probably going to paint the emblems and wheels. Any suggestions on small little mods to build up to???? First Time Ive owned a vehicle worth altering and modifying.

2. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    welcome... get ready to spend lots of dough!

3. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Welcome to TW from TX.

4. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:43 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    X2 , Do yourself a favour and cut up your credit cards now . :D

5. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    welcome to the big show! scroll down the 2nd gen page. its full of mod ideas and theres a huge list of all the hot ones in a sticky up top. fun shit!

6. Nov 18, 2010 at 1:06 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    That's kind of a backwards statement if you come at it from my angle.

I've taken trucks from street to crawler and cars from street to track, and always regretted it. Makes the car unlivable. Does one thing ok and everything else suffers. So think twice before adding deafening drone or harsh springs.

I appreciate the things like you started doing. Just tweakin it a little to make it my own. the factory got the ride to utility ratio right. Push it one way or the other and it gets harder to live with. Unless you have penis size problems of course, then the sky is the limit!

Products Discussed in

To Top