1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member and interior question

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by elvisinthehouse, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Feb 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    elvisinthehouse

elvisinthehouse [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Laura
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    base model
    Camper shell
    Hi - I'm a new Tacoma owner (2012 Double Cab) and am wondering if this is considered 2 Generation? I can't find anything that show the interior has changed since 2005.

Specifically the rear seat in a double cab. I need to find a driver side lower seat cushion and wasn't sure if they were all 60/40 split or are them some bench seats?

I also need a drivers side rear door panel.

Thank you!

Laura

2. Feb 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    Well, Welcome to TW!

And as to your question, The 2012s are still the second gen version. There were minor interior changes as well as changes to the front end. For the Double Cabs, The rear seats changed only in that they now have fold down headrests I believe. The seats themselves remained largely unchanged, so If it would fit a 2nd gen double cab its a 60/40 and you should be ok.

I think even the door panel is almost the same. They used a better material on the arm rests and put black switch housings in rather than grey. So I would think other than a mismatched armrest an earlier model door panel should work. And as long as there is nothing wrong with the armrest portion of the 2012 door panel it could be removed and put into the new door panel fairly easily with just a drill and some sheet metal screws.

Kinda a lot wrong for a brand new truck...

Products Discussed in

To Top