1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by jdo07, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Sep 25, 2016 at 7:12 PM
    jdo07

jdo07 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    97 Toyota Tacoma
    Camper Shell
    I bought this 97 Tacoma this summer for a road trip. I had it checked out by two mechanics but I've still gotten into a lemon somehow. It's left me stranded 5 times already but I can't seem to let it go. So far I have replaced the engine, the brake lines, brake pads, brake master cylinder, the head gasket, the speedometer cable, and I am sure a number of other things. The original owner lifted the truck but failed to put a diff drop on it. Once I figured this out it was already too late. I had to replace both the cv axles. Today I was left stranded when the starter went out. I guess my big question is, with 108k and having done all this work, what else can I expect to go wrong? I am in deep on this lemon. Is there a guide to things I can anticipate I will need to change on this truck like the alternator for example. This was my honeymoon with my wife and my dog so this truck is practically family now. Here are some pictures from my summer.

2. Sep 26, 2016 at 11:37 AM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.

Products Discussed in

To Top