1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member- Questions about 2012 DCSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mcdee, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Nov 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

mcdee [OP] Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    First Name:
    Northern Cal
    12 PreRunner OffRoad TRD
    TRD center cap, quick bed mat, Gatekeeper, WTs, TRD skid plate from bpfab, plastidip emblems, security slider bar, interior LEDs, AFE Pro Dry air filter
    I am new member but have followed this forum for several months in anticipation of new purchase. I currently have 02 prerunner DC trd with only 26,000 miles but am considering new truck and have a couple of questions. I plan to purchase 2012 DCSB trd sport package in pyrite mica but I have been reading where there is possible new redesign soon and am curious what current members recommend. I only drive 2500 miles a year and only on streets/freeway so I thought sport trd would be the way to go. I like the looks of the 12 but need to weigh increased cost for redesign Tacoma (2013 or 14) vs. improved performance and mileage. I do not want the Entune/nav and wonder if owners are happy with the stereo. My 02 lunar mist paint has held up very well and doesn't seem to have the "softer" paint/chips that my newer cars have. Do current owners feel their trucks chip easily ? I do all I can and try to minimize dings/scratches and feel my running boards help as they provide a stop for door dings. Anybody have the factory PPO running boards and do they stick out enough to prevent dings ? I'm sure it's obvious by my questions I don't offroad but do enjoy my truck and work hard to maintain it as I keep it a long time. I am big believer in forums like this and have learned a lot by reading posts over last several months. Thanks to all for any help, promise next post will be shorter !
  2. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Monkeyboy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Grand Junction, CO
    2012 AC TRD Sport
    I really like the interior redesign on my 12 taco. It is everything I would have done to my 09 had I kept it.

I'm sort of a douchebag to my trucks, I don't wash them often enough and will happily lean a shovel against a bedside. I've been impressed with what the paint job stands up to and what it takes to damage it. You can see in my gallery some of what I put my trucks through.

I like the non-entune stereo quite a bit (I have the upgraded XM/Bluetooth radio) although I would have preferred an Entune system. They weren't offered in the Access Cabs this year, so... I can't complain, its very nice. Big improvement over previous years.

Rumor has it there is an engine redesign for next year, or maybe the year after. But maybe not. I wouldn't buy the first year anyway if you plan to keep the truck a long time. Let them work the bugs out.

So, if you're happy with your truck for now... wait a couple years. Your truck, if well kept, will retain good value. If you really want a new truck, the 2012 is a great update - especially if you like creature comforts. I've been very pleased with mine.
  3. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:41 PM

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Jan 30, 2011
    First Name:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Welcome. I have the factory running boards and they do a great job of preventing car doors from hitting the body. I park in the garage and in no way can my wife's Accord doors can hit the body. Of course each vehicle is different, a SUV or another truck sit higher and can reach over them.
To Top