1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New(old)Guy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Dave Russell, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Jan 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM
    Dave Russell

Dave Russell [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4
    Hey everybody-I got my 07 SR5 access cab 4X4 last Sept. on my birthday(how corny is that!)My last truck was a 87 Ranger V6 5sp 4X4 that I put 360000 KM on with no mechanical grief at all! It was a working truck as I'm a home improvement contractor. I modified that little ranger (Porsche red base/clear, 3" lift, 32" toyo's on 8" alum. rims, KC fogs,euro tails,new interior with buckets & console lots of chrome etc. but except for the K&N and a stainless dual exhaust it was mechanically stock.I ran it fairly hard but maintained it to the nuts and it always got 24-25 MPG and never broke.
    While all this was going on my wife drove a 87 Camry which is still with us and also has 360000KM.It has some rust so we got a newer LOW mile Camry and just use the 87 for a winter beater.
    When I decided to get a new truck I was checking out Rangers when my wife says "lets go look at Tacos" Wow.We did and see ya later Rangers!
    I love the V6 6sp and all the toyo quality and there's a set of 20's out in my shop which will go on when the weather gets better.(more "stuff" to come)
    P.S. the first day I had the Taco I ran into my Plumber / Buddy and ONE HOUR LATER he was at the dealer getting his new Taco!

2. Jan 26, 2008 at 11:37 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    welcome to tw and to tacoma's

3. Jan 26, 2008 at 11:44 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    What a good story and welcome to TW. I have to admit that a couple people I know that have rangers really like them. Send some pix

4. Jan 26, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    Bill in Ky

Bill in Ky Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Bright White 08 Reg 4X4 2.7 5spd SR5
    I got my first 4x4 in 1972...haven't been without one! I still like Chrome!
    Welcome to TW

Products Discussed in

To Top