1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New owner here, time for few upgrades, please send your knowledge.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SoJersey, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    SoJersey

SoJersey [OP] South Jersey Defense

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC Offroad
    Pelfrey Armor Baja Designs Lights 6112/Camburg/Dakar Suspension Method Wheels / BFG KO2 ARE Z-Series More coming soon...
    Hello all,

Just purchased a white '12 DCSB off road. I am very happy with the truck as it is much more practical for my hour drive to work then my '05 CTS-V was.

On to what I'm looking to do... (mind you I have been doing a bit of browsing on here these past few weeks I've had the truck)... for now I want a 3", maybe LT, but I want it to ride great (close to stock, maybe a bit stiffer) and perform good on trails and hills and a little bit of mud holes.

My question is, what is the lift "most" of you have gone to? I see 5100's are a good go to. I am not planning on going higher in a few years, but you never know. I do not want blocks or spacers at all. I have seen one guy on here did Billie 5160's in the back and Icon res coil overs in the front with a UCA.

Now, my dilemma is, I am thinking of grabbing a 265/75/16 KM2's or MTR kevlars, and keeping my stock wheels for now. I think I will need wheel spacers to keep from rubbing and I want that wider stance. I have been looking at wheels but I don't believe they will fit my budget right now.

Please give me your thoughts and recommendations to get me performing better off road, but still have a great hour drive each way to work.

P.s. Sliders and bumpers will be coming soon also.

2. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    that tire size should fit without rubbing. If you want spacers then that is totally up to you to just change the stance. but they would not be necessary for that tire size.

However if you lift the truck and go to bigger tires, you may need them if you keep your stock wheels.

3. Dec 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    Welcome man! Ive seen 5100 used and people seem to like them alot, they wont get you a full 3" if you have your heart set that much lift.

procomp also has a 3" lift some people say it rides fine, other people say its a little harsh till it breaks in.

Also spindles, which will keep your stock ride quality i do believe.

I know im missing one more, i cant think of it now, im sure others will chime in

Hope that helps and welcome to TW!

4. Dec 4, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    SoJersey

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC Offroad
    Pelfrey Armor Baja Designs Lights 6112/Camburg/Dakar Suspension Method Wheels / BFG KO2 ARE Z-Series More coming soon...
    I guess a 3" isn't necessary with 265/75/16... what size could I run with a 3"

5. Dec 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    SoJersey

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC Offroad
    I will def need wheel spacers or new wheels with those though huh?

6. Dec 4, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    SoJersey

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC Offroad
    ^^ damn good to know..

Products Discussed in

To Top