1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New rear leaf options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ALBtacoma, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Apr 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    ALBtacoma

ALBtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Red deer AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 trail limo trd sport
    I was looking at my leafs today and noticed that they aren't a smiley face anymore more like straight. There is only about 2 inches from leaf to bump stop. I know I have to replace them but just not sure what approach to do. I'm looking at lifting my truck but only about 2 inches in the future. I keep hearing good things about the dakar sand found this add todayhttp://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-parts/calgary/05-old-man-emu-dakar-rear-leaf-springs-with-shocks/583932280?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
    I still have stock shocks but would it be worth buying this and saving the OME shocks until I can get the rest of the shocks upgraded? The price may seem high but in canada everything seems high. If I don't go this route what other options do I have.
    Should I just put stock leafs back in?
    Run the worn out leafs until i can do a full lift(shocks, leafs and coils)? I'm still about a year away from the whole lift
    Piece together the OME complete life with the kijiji ad?
    And will it look stupid if I were to just dakar leafs with stock shocks?

I'm asking because I hate doing things twice but I also don't want to destroy my truck because of shitty leafs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016

Products Discussed in

To Top