1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Rear Leaf TSB T-SB-0305-08

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BeefTaco, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Jul 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    ofrd4fun

ofrd4fun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4
    FJ Cruiser wheels, air bags, 5100's @1.75, TC UCA's, bi-xenon HID's
    My dealer didn't charge me anything because of the spacers I had in but in Canada an alignment is not included (according to the dealer!!!)

2. Jul 30, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    Got it!!
    Thanks Brunes!!:thumbsup:

3. Aug 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    funtruck

funtruck Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 long bed
    So, I'm at 50k on my 2006 double cab which is way outside of the warrantee and I've made a futile call to Toyota customer service to complain about my springs. In the end it looks like it my problem.

I was curious if anyone has found a good aftermarket spring to replace my current three leaf. I was originially thinking about air bags but after reading this thread, the factory springs seem to be the problem I should fix first.

Thanks

4. Aug 10, 2009 at 1:57 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You went 50K without doing anything about it...and now it's a problem?? Did you not notice the problem until now or just not realise you could talk to the dealer about it??

Dakar (OME) leaf packs are pretty good for maintaining cargo capacity with a bit of lift. You can go to any custom suspension shop and have them bend you a set of springs that'll do just about anything you want-lift or no lift real stiff or real cushy...etc etc.

Good luck!

5. Aug 10, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    jflan

jflan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access 4x4 2.7L manual SR5
    SnugTop SuperSport Sportsman keyless cap Weathertech mats - OEM skidplate - OEM hitch
    If you're serious about changing out your OEM springs, Dakars will lift about 2.75".
    If you do those, you will need to deal will the front, also.

6. Aug 10, 2009 at 4:53 PM
    91r100gs

91r100gs Understand the Voice Within

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas City area
    Vehicle:
    '08 Impluse Red SR5 I-4
    Factory bed mat, TacomaWorld.com sticker, EGR In-Channel Vent Visors, AFE ProDryS drop in air filter
    Have anyone with a 2WD 5-lug Access Cab been able to get this TSB done? Or has it been determined that they are not eligible?

7. Aug 10, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    AAL if you want a cheaper solution.

8. Aug 10, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    cornwall325

cornwall325 Toyota newbie...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09' D.C. TRD Sport 4x4
    Seatbelt chime turned off, Toyota bedmat, Wet Okoles, stock other than that.
    My 09' VIN # falls under the list of affected trucks in the TSB. Therefore I'm thinking about having the TSB completed.

9. Aug 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM
    funtruck

funtruck Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 long bed
    I've always thought the springs were soft I just didn't realize the dealer could doing anything to help me. Plus now it seems the springs are getting worse. Beside carrying stuff in the bed, my boats tongue weight is some where between 150-200 lbs and is about 2500 lbs total and its now feeling like back end is bottoming sometimes. It didn't always feel like that.

10. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Best of luck...2009 trucks aren't covered by the TSB no matter what your VIN is...that's the part about 2005-2008 before the VIN segments. Those segments denote a body style and driveline configuration I believe. They don't not automatically make every truck with those segments in them eligible for the TSB.

All that being said- Go to the dealer and make the complaint based on having the problem...not on "I saw this on the internet and I want it" That is how the TSB gets updated to cover 2009 trucks. People have had dealers do the TSB work on 2009s just by making the right complaint...Not by walking in and demanding something that does technically apply to the truck/

Yeah...that's the hard part about having the miles on your rig that you do...Springs do wear out eventually....faster when they get loaded like yours...and if they are the softer springs to start with...it all compounds..

11. Jan 11, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    Capt. Mike

Capt. Mike New Member

Member:
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD 2WD Double Cab Taco
    Ok, so from what I have read the T-SB-0305-08 for 'Rear Spring Harsh Ride' and after the Jan. 12, 2009 revision 1 only applies to 4WD Tacos. Correct?

12. Jan 11, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    The key to having this done is not walking in the asking for the "TSB" or the "TSB" will fix my truck.The term "TSB" is a referance manual for common problems Toyota owners have with all their makes so a service tech can thumb threw and find a remedy.Go in there and explain the problem you are having, and if you can load the bed with something to SHOW the problem which is a "Harsh Ride"when the bed is loaded.They are much more willing to work with you instead of you storming in there telling them you need the "TSB" done.The same goes with the 800#. This website and this issue is costing Toyota alot of money.Stick to the problem, if all else fails then head in with the TSB in hand.

13. Jan 11, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    paulm09tacoma

paulm09tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab trd
    dealer just called. gettin my 4-pack installed as soon as the dealer gets them in. thank you for everyone who helped.

14. Jan 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    Got Tacoma

Got Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gila
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl. Cab Sb 4 x 4 Trd
    Undercover Tonneau, Roof Rack, ABR Bumper, Warn 9.5xp, OME 886, Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 Struts and shocks
    I have a 2010 Double Cab 4 x 4 TRD Tacoma. I called the dealer last week and they approved changing my rear leaf springs over the phone. The new TSB includes 2009 and 2010. It is the same number as the old TSB T-SB-0305-08 but it is the second revision. My Tacoma was bottoming with no additional weight in the truck going over convex depressions in the road that are perpendicular to the direction you are driving. I think they are drainage areas to collect the water from the road. The new springs are great. The ride is not harsher. The ride is stiffer and the spring does not collapse and the rubber bumpers do not hit on the frame. In my opinion it rides the way it should have rode if Toyota had put the proper springs on from the factory. It now rides like a truck not an old Cadillac!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top