1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New rear tire carrier design

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by extremachn1, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Aug 17, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    So I was leaving work today and I came across a jeep with a cool rear tire carrier. I plan on getting a armored rear bumper here soon, most likely a CBI with rear tire carrier and I really liked this design.

Check out the way the gas tanks are protected and held in place by the tire. I like that better than the CBI design of up high to one side. I would rather move the hi-lift jack lower but all in all I like this design. What are your guys opinions? (sorry for the shitty quality, my company phone is beat to hell and we were both driving about 45 down the street).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When its getting close to the time to order I am going to talk with the guys at CBI about doing something like this. Anyone know of any other rear carriers that look like this (yes I have gone through the armored bumper page)?

2. Jan 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ West Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Taco
    OME Lift, Stubbs Sliders, Truxedo cover, Pioneer Avic deck, speakers/amp etc., Black badges.
    Old post/NEcro but that appears to be an OR Fab rear Jeep bumper. I too would like something like this for a Taco. I know some fab shops are starting to do this type of thing. Hopefully someone tries it. Would definitely differentiate themselves from the CBI rear.

To Top