1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New rims for my '07 Access Cab SR5 V6

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Skies20, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Dec 28, 2006 at 12:12 PM
    Skies20

Skies20 [OP] small town girl

Member:
    Morris, Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2007 Acc. Cab SR5 V6 4x4--Black
    Westin chrome step bars Vent visors & bug guard Borla performance exhaust system Tundra tires & rims
    I really would like to get some different rims for my truck. Right now, it has the stock rims (they are described as 16" styled steel wheels). They are pretty plain.. I would prefer rims similar to what the TRD comes with. I called the dealer earlier & spoke w/someone in the parts/service department, and he quoted me $1500 for all 4 rims including labor. He said it was very high because the rims that I have require a certain sensor for the tire pressure monitoring system. He said these sensors would need to be replaced if I got different rims. Does this sound right?? I did not think it would be such a big deal or that expensive to get different rims. What do you guys think?? I appreciate any input. :confused:

2. Jan 20, 2007 at 9:10 PM
    road hard

road hard Member

Member:
    Have you bought the new rims yet? I am wondering the same on the air montering system. Is there anybody in toyota land that has delt with this. I have a 07 and I would like to have summer tires and winter tires but need to know about the air montering system. Thanks

3. Jan 21, 2007 at 6:07 AM
    Skies20

Member:
    Morris, Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Westin chrome step bars Vent visors & bug guard Borla performance exhaust system Tundra tires & rims
    No, I haven't done anything yet. No one responded to my question back when I posted it, and I didn't bother asking the dealer anymore about it. I still would prefer different rims, though. Let me know if you find anything out. Thanks.

4. Jan 21, 2007 at 6:29 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    That still sounds pretty expensive. The TPMS Sensors aren't that expensive to begin with. I would shoot a look at another tire place - your local tire/rim store may have more information, or look at www.tirerack.com and see what they say. Granted, these are not the stock TRD rims, but they will give you an idea of the differences between the steel wheels and the alloy wheels. Then you can look into your TRD rims with a bit more knowledge onboard. I hope this helps! :)

5. Jan 21, 2007 at 7:17 AM
    Skies20

Member:
    Morris, Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Yes, thank you! I appreciate your response. :)

6. Jan 21, 2007 at 8:26 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Let us know how it goes. One of points of this forum is so that we share any experiences we have so the next person doesn't have to deal with figuring it out.

Products Discussed in

To Top