1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new steelies for 2wd 5 lug base models

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by c2thegreat, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Aug 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM
    c2thegreat

c2thegreat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ol' Virginny
    Vehicle:
    09 4 banger
    Readylift sst,31in. mts,TRD sport bilstein rear shocks,new head unit,bedlined tool box,fishing rack,35% tint,fogs
    It has been hard for me to find steel wheels for my 5 lug base model tacoma. I was considering cragars but I kept reading about problems with rubbing on the brake calipers.

I emailed wheelers offroad and they are getting me some black 15 in steelies. They were very helpful and I just want to let anyone know who wants steelies for their 5 lugger that if they email wheelers offroad they can get them for you.

2. Sep 21, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    jpatzig101

jpatzig101 Member

Member:
    none yet!
    Hey c2,

I'm looking at doing the same thing. But i chatted with one of the wheelers offroad guys and they said they sell them but that they haven't "test fitted" them. How did yours turn out? did they fit? any rubbing? any help would be awesome, thanks

3. Sep 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    c2thegreat

c2thegreat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ol' Virginny
    Vehicle:
    09 4 banger
    Readylift sst,31in. mts,TRD sport bilstein rear shocks,new head unit,bedlined tool box,fishing rack,35% tint,fogs
    Mine came in and it took me a while to test fit them because I had them delivered to my house while I was at school. They dont clear the front calipers so I havent decided what I'm gonna do yet. I might try a small spacer or I might sell them because I waited too long to test them and I think my return window has ended.

Products Discussed in

To Top