1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new stereo head + sirius receiver

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Hal, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Oct 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    Hal

Hal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    I want to buy a new stereo head and I have a separate sirius receiver. I have been using the fm signal to play sirius so far, but I want to be able to plug into the new head unit, preferably without using a front aux in (since it'd look messy). Do I need to find a head unit with an aux in on the backside of the head unit to make this work well? I know aux in would probably be better sound quality than over fm, but is there an even better way?

*this might not be relevant but I'm looking to get a double din receiver so there isn't a new extra slot underneath the receiver.

2. Oct 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    My Pioneer single DIN has the AUX jack in the back, and that's what I use for my Sirius receiver. The sound quality difference is huge between this and the FM modulator.

Here's what my setup looks like. I got the bracket from Crutchfield:

_MG_9844_68a93d0b2c0595f2ceb936562775b39e15083467.jpg

3. Oct 30, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    subscribed, working this same issue.

4. Oct 30, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    Hal

Hal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    Ok so the backside aux in will be a good way to go.

That looks really nice, I think I saw your setup in another thread that was about where to mount the receiver. What is the cord coming out of the top of the single din mount?

It looks like you have the Sirius cords in a nice and clean bundle, do you have the power still going in the cigarette lighter with the car charger plug or did you hardwire it?

5. Oct 31, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    The wire coming out of the top is for my radar detector. I hard wired that as well.

My Sirius is hardwired behind the dash on the passenger side. There's plenty of room behind the glove box on the lefthand side to mount small electronics and do the wiring.

Products Discussed in

To Top