1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Sub box built for Taco!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by elevin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Sep 18, 2009 at 9:10 PM
    elevin

elevin [OP] Habitual line-stepper

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    South Fla.
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    15% tint over factory all around, U-Haul hitch, Hopkins wiring harness, 2.25" ReadyLift spacer/ AAL kit, 265/70/17's on Gunmetal/Machined Enkeis, JVC head unit w/ Ipod interface, WalMart seat covers, hoseclamp mod, seatbelt beep mod, bedrail bike mounts, 6 D-rings in bed, Pop N Lock
    I almost finished building this sub box for my access cab....it is a variation on an existing design in that on the passenger side, the edge is flush with the driveshaft tunnel. This allows for full slide back and reclining of that seat. The other side comes about 4" behind the driver's seat and has a longer foot on that side. I am short so it doesn't matter as much, but still allows another 4-5 inches back...a 6- ft guy should still be able to drive my truck, and the drivers seat still reclines a lot! I am going to recycle a kicker CVX 10" and Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp from my Corolla on this....only thing that sucks is I will only be able to run at 8 ohms as they are dual voice coil (4 ohms per coil). I had 2 running in series/parallel before giving me total load of 4 ohms where that high current amp made the most power-- I still have to make the speaker baffle and turret the bottom feet so it can breate, plus carpet it, but the worst is behind me...here are some pics :)

Taco Box 1.jpg
    Taco Box 2.jpg
    Taco Box 3.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top