1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Taco is here

Discussion in 'New Members' started by mgibilisco, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Mar 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    mgibilisco

mgibilisco [OP] Member

Member:
    Omaha,NE
    Vehicle:
    Not yet owned
    Nothing yet...has 500 miles on it so far.
    I've been reading the forums for awhile, and have been looking at new Tacomas for awhile, and finally did it. I am in the Omaha,NE area and have had three Toyota trucks, this is my fourth. My first was a '99 extended cab 4x4 trd in black with the 5speed and a supercharger. It was a great truck, but I sold it to pay off a student loan. Since that, I bought a '92 4x4 with the trusty old 22re 4 banger just to have fun with, but it was reg cab and my wife and I have a new son and it wasn't working. After that I thought I needed more room and bought a 2007 Tundra Crew Max, it was an awesome trcuk with 22's and TRD exhaust, but honestly I missed shifting, and didn't care for the size of it. It was huge! So... I decided a tacoma D cab might do the trick! Here I am with a 2009 Double cab TRD sport in White w/gray and the 6 speed. It has the tow pack and the JBL satellite stuff also. I just flew out to Denver and pulled an all nighter driving it back to Omaha. The dealers in Omaha had little to no selection and refused to really deal. I am a bargain hunter and won't give up until I've worn the sales department out. The way I see it, is that if they aren't P.O.'ed when you leave, you paid too much. They have to move cars, you don't have to buy, so keep pushing! I ended up with what I feel is a good deal, at least with what I have seen around Omaha and on line. The truck stickered for $30,664.00 with all options, and I ended up paying $25,288.00 after negotiations and the rebate. I was pretty torn as to whether or not to wait until after the 31st because that's when the promo is up. The deal could get better, but it could get worse also. I bought the truck at Mountain States Toyota in Denver, CO. I will say they had a great selection(at least compared to Omaha) and offered a good price. The service was typical for any new car dealer, they act like like they can't spare a nickel while you're sitting in a brand new $10M dealership, and they wear you out trying to sell you warranties, paint sealers, alarms and more crap than I could ever imagine. Anyhow, I'm happy with the truck so far and can't believe how much more refined it is than the older ones. I have traded around a lot with vehicles, but really plan on keeping this one. I actually plan on keeping it for my son when he turns 16( he's 7mos.) which sounds crazy, but my parents actually did it with me when I was a kid. I want to just have a nice truck that is dependable and well taken care of, the I can get my toy. I have had 4 Porsches, and am preparing to get my dream car within 5 yrs. I really want a 911. Therefore, I need to be finished trading vehicles around and keep this one. I'm pretty psyched to start modding it. The stock wheels and tires are driving me nuts and I only have 500 miles on them. Those will be the first to go, then new exhaust and URD goodies. I have got to get one of those new superchargers! Thanks for listening and I look forward to lots of advice and camaraderie, there are a lot of cool rides I see on here. I have attached pics of my previous Toyotas, but don't have any of the new one yet. Also a pic of my wife Michelle and I as well as my son Angelo.

1992 Toyota 1.jpg

P1010268.jpg

P1010127.jpg

906078446_3e5ca3d918.jpg

Mike

2. Mar 29, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    stevigee

stevigee It's a MOD, MOD World

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRAIL TEAMS FJ CRUISER
    TRADED FOR 2010 FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM Kenwood KDC x792 deck and SW1 pwr sub,cruise,intermittent wipers,hidden hitch, tint, debadge,Nitto Grapplers 265/75-16,Black Powder Coated Toyota Steelies, black steel Toyota wheel center caps, Vent Visors, front guard, leather seat covers, black front badge, shortie antenna, tow hook, seat maglite mod, shock & leaf spring TSB, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, custom black Fabwright rock sliders 1 3/4" DOM tubing w/ kickout, skid plate, Pop-A-Lock, Bilsten 5100 shocks, BLHM, Azela black tail lights, LEER topper w/rack, tent
    Welcome to TW! I too went to Denver (Go Toyota)and bought my 08 Tacoma. They had a great selection compared to my home town but buying it was the same...I felt I got a good deal at the time and I like my truck. Good luck!!!

3. Mar 29, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    Why'd ya sell the tundra and Welcome!

4. Mar 29, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    Nice story and welcome to TW!..

5. Mar 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    welcome to TW dude.

6. Mar 29, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Welcome to TW from upstate New York! !!! Now that was a nice intro! !! ! You need some rep for that! !!!!:)

7. Mar 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

8. Mar 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Like Don said, great intro. Congrats on the new ride, new baby and beautiful wife. Now pull up a chair and enjoy the 'World'.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top