1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New taco, lift help!!!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Dmxsam123, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Jul 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    Dmxsam123

Dmxsam123 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    11 2wd 4 door full cab sr5
    I just bought a brand new 2011 i4 Crew cab, it's so new it's being shipped from the factory to my local dealer and will be here in a week, my problem is I am very limited on time for mods on my truck because I leave to return to college soon......

Here's my problem, I am looking for a 3 inch lift
    I don't have tons of money to spend but I want to do it right the first time,
    I want to go with coil overs in the front and a block in the back, I will not be doing much off roaring, if any.

I could really use some opinions on shocks for front and rear as well at options for front coil overs

2. Jul 3, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    nb_tacoma

nb_tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Thunder Bay, ON
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 access cab 4x4
    2.5 inch toytec lift /w rear block 255/85/16 cooper discoverer st's Westin light bar with 2 hella 500's Satoshi grille mod BHLM bumper valence painted with rocker guard relocated the horns tail gate anti-theft mod added a trailer hitch relocated 7 pin in bumper rear diff breather mod Magnaflow muffler kenwood KDC-X895 deck
    check out the toyotec website, you should be able to piece together what you want there

3. Jul 3, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    Dmxsam123

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Thanks but I was looking for opinions and pros and cons from the various options, also what can I expect to pay for install on a full ome lift kit,

4. Jul 3, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
  5. Jul 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    Dmxsam123

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    I'm thinking ome lift kit for 3" lift about with that lift will I need a new uca.?
    And also what rides better a 1.5 inch block or 1.5 aal both would be with ome rear shocks

6. Jul 3, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    you will need new upper control arms and a AAL is WAYYYY better than any block

7. Jul 3, 2011 at 7:57 PM
    Dmxsam123

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    okkk thanks for your help so far, sorry to be annoying its just i am really pinched for time,

what about these UCA's ?
    Light Racing Upper Control Arms (05 & UP Tacoma) or these

All-Pro 4130 Chromoly Upper A-Arms

8. Jul 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Don't do spacer lift at all, and if you do any lift over 2" then I, and alot of other folks would highly recomend replacing the stock upper control arms (UCA's) with something like the light racing ones. There is a group buy right now which will cost ya $375 for em'. It seems like the cheapest lift will be the bilstein 5100's and the next cheapest would be Pro Comp. Pro comp gives you 4 new shocks, strut springs and add a leaves (AAL's)
    Good luck

9. Jul 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    Dmxsam123

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    how much can i expect installation to be for 3 inch ome system, rear aal, new shocks all around and new uca's ?? roughly

10. Jul 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

If ya got a 4 wheel parts store in your area, start there by getting a quote, then check dealership price, then, well, whoever else you feel comfotable with.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/stores/Store-Info.aspx?sNo=39

Products Discussed in

To Top