1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Taco. Tiny bubbles/air trapped on the wind sheild and all windows factory tint

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JUJtacoma2010, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    JUJtacoma2010

JUJtacoma2010 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fresno
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2010 Dbl Cab. OFF Road Package
    This is very visible at night from inside when I park my truck and have some type of garage light shinning on my wind shield. They are so tiny, they seem like dust. At first I thought they were dust. Yesterday, i tried to clean it as it was dusty but realised that those are air bubbles sort of inside the tint layer. And they are on all of my windows. My truck is brand new. i have had it for about 2 months now. Has anyone noticed this? Should I take it to the dealer.

My truck has the factory tint. I havent washed my truck since I got it.

2. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    JUJtacoma2010

Member:
    Fresno
    Vehicle:
    It kind of started to bug me. Has anyone experienced this in their truck? I hate to take it back and have them remove the wind shield and all the windows

3. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    did you just pick it up? if it is tint, it takes a couple days to get the bubbles out

4. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    Give it a few days. If it's still there in a week take it back

5. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    Steve_P

Steve_P Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5 4WD 4cyl
    the chances that the same widespread defect is actually IN all the glass is remote- like hitting the lottery. The side glass is different thickness than the windshield and run on a different line in a glass factory. There can be crap between the two panes of glass that comprise the windshield, and there can be tin (silver flakes, tiny) in all the glass, but tin is usually very sparse- but you can find it if you look long enough. It's silver specs, usually <1mm.

Are you sure it's not on the outside of the glass- rail dust? When I got my truck it was covered with rail dust and I clay barred and polished it all off

6. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Would you be able to get some pics of the tinted glass?

7. Apr 7, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    JUJtacoma2010

Member:
    Fresno
    Vehicle:
    I bought this truck 2 months ago and didnt really noticed it since its so tiny. And like I said its visible at night when I am looking from inside with a light shinning on it from the outside.

I am 100% its not dirt or dust. I tried cleaning last night. I will try to pressure wash it tonight and get some pictures tomorrow.

8. Apr 7, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    I would check mine, but my windows are always dirty so I would never notice it.

9. Apr 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If your WINDSHIELD is tinted-It's not factory. Someone did it- The dealer you bought it from or the guys they got it from. But that's not factory.

Ad if it's tint film they don't have to remove the windows to fix it...They'll just strip the tint off...

10. Apr 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    waterspots or just small pock marks on the glass? Mine has the small pock but it is from the gravel on the roads in the winter.

11. Apr 8, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    Steve_P

Steve_P Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5 4WD 4cyl
    rail dust does not wash off or come off easily- it's basically metal specs from the train's brakes that is burnt into the surface and stuck on (google it, it's VERY common). When I cleaned the rail dust off of my tacoma even the usually excellent clay bar made very slow progress- I ended up giving up on the clay bar and using some meguires polish which was much quicker.

Technicall the windshield is tinted from the factory. Not like film tint you get put on, but the glass is tinted (green- it's not clear) and there is a shade band at the top of the PVB membrane between the glass panes.

12. Apr 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    JUJtacoma2010

Member:
    Fresno
    Vehicle:
    Sorry guys. After doing a good wash last night I realised that it was some kind of sap or liquid or something. Its all gone. I got kind of scared at first with all the toyota issues. The funny thing is that it was very tiny and all spread out evenly all over the windshield and other glasses.

13. Apr 8, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    mutts

mutts Active Member

Member:
    waterdown ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 bsp double cab short box
    ahhhh!!!! a windshield recall... dammm next it will be a lighter recall.....im selling my taco tommorow.........:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top