1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New tacoma for the wife

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BigBill, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Dec 11, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    TJ Asher

TJ Asher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Minneapolis
    Vehicle:
    '10 Virgin
    Not to add to the brand war, which is ridiculous, Tacomas are only sold in North America. The rest of the world the truck is called the Hilux and is a different design and is offered with a diesel engine option.

To the OP, as others have suggested, find out what she wants to do and there is probably a thread already here that covers that mod. If you can't find it someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

2. Dec 11, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    he must be joking. My pops got a f250 7.3L on 38s with a 8 inch skyjacker and I out-wheel him any day of the week. LOL btw he's gonna sell it and buy a 2011 taco in a couple weeks after what he saw me do in my 2.7 a couple weeks ago. :D

3. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM
    x ynot

x ynot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    lucedale, ms
    Vehicle:
    06 xrunner and 99 prerunner
    step side k&n air filter tool box and running boards
    cold air intake isnt a bad start

4. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    :rofl: talking about the man in his own thread like he can't see it. you guys trying to run him off or something because he said we drive "funny little japanese trucks". :p :rofl:

Might want to ask the wife what direction she wants to go with the mods or tell us a little more about her.

Oh and welcome to TW where everyone is insane and will run you out if you insult our trucks :D :rolleyes:

probably b/c they last forever... dammit i'm doing it too :D

5. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    check this out.

KEY: * defined words

(i'll make the letters nice and big too)

It is gonna* outlast* your ford*.

Gonna: true, fact.

Outlast: to live longer than; outlive.

Ford: a piece of shit american vehicle company.

did that help?

6. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    yamaha73

yamaha73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Madera ranchos
    Vehicle:
    1997 4runner, 1980 Toyota pickup
    4Runner- wagoneer Dana 44 front lunchbox locker. Rear stock axle spooled. Beadlocks and 36s 3link rear, leaf front, dual transfer cases 1980 pickup- exo cage. Locked front and rear on 40s dual transfer cases. Custom paint job
    now thats kinda interesting lol, it just depends on the terrain and what kind of wheeling, because i can do alot more in my f250 on 37s than some of my buddys with 4x4 tacos but then again they would kill me in a race through sand or desert lol, thats why ive got the prerunner though haha but the taco is a way better than the ford is anyday, we call it the Found Off Road Dead truck lol

to the op just ask ur wife wat she wants and go from there

7. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM
    The Munster

The Munster I like turtles!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lance
    Moody AFB, GA
    depends on what you want to do.. in the dealership i see a lot of people put side steps or tube steps, a leveling kit, better looking wheels with tires, those westin or avid light bar/bull bar.. the supercharger might not be the best idea for your wife. standard or auto??? quick shifter would be cool, oh maybe TRD catback exhaust

8. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

That's a damn good trade !

9. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
  10. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier

Ya that is true. We were deer huntin and I pulled a 180 degree turn on an ATV trail. (didn't want to wait for an opening or a turn out)

11. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:47 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN

Hay Old School. Since you're a ford guy. You should already know just about every single thing you can to fix a vehicle. This truck should be a piece of cake to you as 10% of it will break to your Ford.

Come in here and starting that ISH. That really shows yours age you listed (65?). I had a few neighbors like you. They always start off with.

Back in my days. . . . . . . .

Times changed, ask nicely and we shall answer. Everyone here is a nice bunch and will help accordingly. You'll find a lot of people who will lend a helping hand and beyond with the right attitude.

Thanks. . .
    I'm surprised you know how to use a computer. BTW, most things in your home were made somewhere in Asia. Appreciate that Old School.:p

Something tells me your wife was the smart one and saw all your troubles with your FORDs and decided on the TACOMA. She's a keeper!

12. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    2blu4u

2blu4u Human after all

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink Sport
    TRD exhaust, Pro Comp leveling kit, MB wheels, Yoko Geolander tires, black Grillcraft grill, BHLM, Pop-n-Lock, Access bed cover, Katzkin leather with seat heaters, custom console cover, shorter black billet antenna, Street Performance Throttle Body Spacer, bed mat, and bed extender.
    Be careful what you say on here OP. We all love our Tacomas for various reasons, hence this site's name. Toyotas are more american made then Fords. Oh crap, now I am doing it too. :D
    http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.co...y-Toyota-Camry-More-American-Than-Ford-F-150/

I would start with some organizational or storage mods. Then maybe some wheels and tires to improve the stance. Tell your wife she made a great choice and good luck!

13. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    yamaha73

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Madera ranchos
    Vehicle:
    4Runner- wagoneer Dana 44 front lunchbox locker. Rear stock axle spooled. Beadlocks and 36s 3link rear, leaf front, dual transfer cases 1980 pickup- exo cage. Locked front and rear on 40s dual transfer cases. Custom paint job
    yea we mainly just use it to tow the toyhauler, if toyota made a truck that could pull it without hassle wede probably have it instead lol

14. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    ask that question over at TTORA. i heard theyre nicer anyway. oh and say hi to pittim and oakleyTRD while youre there

15. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:53 PM
    yamaha73

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Madera ranchos
    Vehicle:
    HAHAAHA im sure there are plenty other people to add to the list also

16. Dec 11, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    yup I think you guys scared him...

I got a few suggestions for some mods, while we're going down this road...

how bout a spacer lift, a throttle body spacer that adds a few more hp, and if you're up for it how bout a K&N cold air intake, from what I've been hearing from the guys on here those are supposed to be the best around :rolleyes:

17. Dec 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    the biggest favour you could ever do for your wife is get rid of your ford and buy a tacoma

18. Dec 11, 2010 at 11:01 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^ Smart young "WHITE" American right there! :D

19. Dec 11, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    :D whiet paoer! :p

Products Discussed in

To Top