1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma initial maintenance, couple of 'is this normal' type questions..

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Neb, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Jul 21, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    Neb

Neb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport
    TRD S/C, URD ShortShifter, URD Y-pipe, URD Mk2 Catback, URD 2.8Pulley, URD U-spec headers, Innovate AFR/Boost, AFE Intake
    Hey all,

Just picked up a '07 Access cab 4x4 with the 5spd. Lovin it so far. I just got done doing a fluid change on the transmission, rear diff, and transfer case. Also did a complete interior detail, installed a set of weathertechs, and have an AFE filter on order.

I had a couple questions though, mostly concerning whats 'normal' on these vehicles. I didn't get an owner's manual with mine, so some of this may have been address in there, but I have no idea. Anyway, here goes:

-How loud is the starter supposed to be? Mine sounds pretty loud/rough. I don't think its normal.
    -Does the Vent selector knob light up normally? Mine doesn't (but everything else does).
    -Do you hear a bit of chatter with the AC pump operating? Nothin extreme, just enough to make me wonder.
    -The tire pressure light is on. I just aired all the tires and hit the reset and its still on. Blinks initially, then goes solid. Doesn't seem normal.
    -And finally, my SRS light has been on for a while now. Constantly on, no blinking.

I've got this thing under comprehensive warranty for 3k miles(its a certified pre-owned), and Im going to have the stealership take a look at the issues. Just wondering if any of this is normal. Thanks!

Ben

2. Jul 22, 2010 at 7:23 AM
    fritzthecat

fritzthecat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Auto AccCab Indigo
    From the bottom:
    - SRS light means a Airbag fault. Check to make sure the override switch on the right side of the radio bezel is connected. If yes, dealer fix.
    - Blinking TPS light means a system fault. Most likely a tire sensor.
    - The AC compressor may make a groaning noise for a second or two on initial startup. No noise after that.
    - Vent knob should light up. Lightbulbs in box.
    - Can't really help with the starter. One mans loud is another mans normal.

Fritz

3. Jul 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    dbarn

dbarn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4X4 V6
    Regarding your tire pressure light, check the air pressure on the spare. It also has a sensor.

Products Discussed in

To Top