1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma, New User

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Papaken, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Jan 6, 2008 at 1:48 PM
    Papaken

Papaken [OP] Member

Member:
    Meredith, NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, V6 4.0L, 4x4 6spd, Access Cab, 16" BFG Rugged Trail T/A , TRD, SR5, Off-Rd & Towing Pkgs
    Hi All,

I just brought home my 08 Tacoma. What a truck! Now if we can get more snow to give the 4wd a good workout,,,.

I look forward to swappin' tales, and mutual help.

Cya

Papaken

2. Jan 6, 2008 at 5:37 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome to TW, yeah snow is fun. Congrats on your new rig, while I thinking of it there is a thread on how to "break in" your new truck, might find it useful, certainly consult your owners manual, by chance do you have the Dunlops AT 20 for tires ? Most of us have come to the realization that these are of poor performance and if you could swing it should consider getting a better tire, I would hate to hear that you dinged your truck b/c they did not bite when you needed them to. :)

3. Jan 6, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw,papaken!! when you get time, update your profile and tell us a little about yourself, and also maybe put up some pics of your truck.

4. Jan 6, 2008 at 5:44 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Welcome papaken! I know what you mean about snow. We just had the 2nd snowiest December ever here and it was fun. Do you have any plans for mods in the near future? Be sure to post some pics when you get a chance...

5. Jan 8, 2008 at 9:19 AM
    Papaken

Papaken [OP] Member

Member:
    Meredith, NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, V6 4.0L, 4x4 6spd, Access Cab, 16" BFG Rugged Trail T/A , TRD, SR5, Off-Rd & Towing Pkgs
    Hey Jedi,

The good news is, mine came with Goodrich T/A. They seem ok, but we'll see in a couple of weeks when we get more slop. Assuming I can wait that long,,,.

A co-worker of mine confirms your Dunlop Disgust. His 2 yr old Tacoma came with them.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

Papaken

6. Jan 8, 2008 at 9:23 AM
    Papaken

Papaken [OP] Member

Member:
    Meredith, NH
    Vehicle:
    Tacomaman06,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll dress up the profile this weekend, with pics, avatar, & sig.

Cya,

Papaken

7. Jan 8, 2008 at 9:26 AM
    Papaken

Papaken [OP] Member

Member:
    Meredith, NH
    Vehicle:
    Hi Rhoppas,

I have some ideas for a rack mod. I need to easily tote my 14.5" Tenessean Canoe without messing up the new paint.

More later,,

Papaken

Products Discussed in

To Top