1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New tacoma owner, looking for mods

Discussion in 'New Members' started by beachbumjeremy, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Jun 24, 2007 at 8:57 AM
    beachbumjeremy

beachbumjeremy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Just bought my first tacoma, which is also my first toyota. I got an 07 access cab standard bed, 2.7L engine, 4 cyl. I already put on a tonneau cover for cargo reasons, wanting to know what else I can do cheaply to increase MPG's.
    I've been reading about the intake, so i want to steer clear of K & N, but what is a good intake. The performance mods seem expensive, are they worth it. The whole exhaust seems pretty expensive too, is that worth it? I read someone said that the new tacomas come with good headers on them, but other people were saying they still changed them out.....I'm not very good with vehicles, I know a few basics, so take it easy on me please.

2. Jun 24, 2007 at 9:18 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw!!! as far as intakes go,they dont really do a whole lot. ive got an airaid intake on mine, and i gained maybe 1 mile to the gallon with it. as far as exhaust, figure out what muffler you want(flowmaster,magnaflow, spintech,borla,etc.) and just get a shop to cut the stock muffler out,and weld in the new one,its the cheapest way to do it. probably wont gain alot from an exhaust, as its mainly for sound anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top