1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma owner with questions

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Paul W., Jul 21, 2007.

1. Jul 21, 2007 at 10:27 AM
    Paul W.

Paul W. [OP] New Member

Member:
    First weekend with my new 07 Tacoma SR5 TRD Yamaha Edition in silver streak mica and Access Cab. It's my first pickup but not Toyota.

I do my own vehicle maintenance, i.e. oil/filter, other fluids, filters, etc. I was looking through some material the dealership gave me and this is my first question:

1. At every service, it says to "inspect, tighten and/or lubricate propeller shaft as required". I have no idea what a propeller shaft is let alone how to inspect, tighten and/or lubricate it. Can anyone provide any info/guidance or direct me otherwise? I'm thinking it may be a coupling on the drive shaft to the rear wheels and if so, what do you lube it with?

2. On a high recommendation from a coworker I spent the morning applying Rejex, "a polymer paint sealant" (not a wax). (Note: not affiliated to, related to nor sell the stuff). It goes on and buffs up like wax and then you have to let it sit for 12 hrs while it cures. Anyone else tried it? I've tried various popular waxes, i.e. Turtle Platinum, Meguiar NGX but not happy with how long they last....thought I'd give this a try.

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejexmain.html

Other than using Mobil 1 synthetic, OEM oil filters and doing regular maintenance on my bike and other vehicles, not much else to add.

Paul

2. Jul 21, 2007 at 6:02 PM
    Panama Red

Panama Red Well-Known Member

Member:
    Propeller shaft is the drive shaft. What you do not say is if your truck is a 4x4. If it is, I know that you have to lube the front drive shaft periodically.

3. Jul 21, 2007 at 9:59 PM
    Paul W.

Paul W. [OP] New Member

Member:
    Panama Red

Thanks for responding. Yes, it's a 4x4 4.0 V6 auto tranny. Correct me if I'm wrong but the propeller (drive) shaft is in 2 sections? Is it where they meet that I am looking for a grease nipple? It seems to me I saw one but wasn't too sure and was busy installing side steps or rails or whatever at the time.

Products Discussed in

To Top