1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma Owner with Questions!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mgaudet7, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Mar 30, 2008 at 2:00 PM
    mgaudet7

mgaudet7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    stock except for TRD seat covers
    Hey everyone i just bought an 06 Tacoma TRD Access Cab and so far am loving it! I have a few questions which im sure have been answered somewhere already but im not that familiar with the site yet so i thought id ask anyway. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
    1) Does the outlet in the box only work when the engine is running?

2) My stereo is a 6 cd in-dash changer with steering wheel audio controls and i was wondering if anyone knows a cheap way of hooking their ipod directly to the stereo. I came across a product called Neo that would work but its quite expensive.

3)My truck is originally from the states so everything is in mph. Does anyone know how to program the odometer to change to kph?

4)Since its from the states it doesn't have a block heater. Is it expensive or difficult to put one in?

5)Im looking to buy a box cover(tonneau cover). I want one that is very low profile and looks great and is a good price. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Mar 30, 2008 at 2:32 PM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    oh no not another canadian jk welcome to tw
    most of those ques have been answered i just dont know were the is a serch button at the top of the screen

3. Mar 30, 2008 at 2:47 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    1. Yes, truck running or ignition in on position. 100 w max while driving and in gear, 400 w max idling.

2. USA spec pa15-toy. (replacement for the 12-toy) Ipod interface is about 100-120 bucks, allows ipod control though the head unit itself, and charges while connected. There are other brands/devices that enable ipod integration, but I am un-sure if they maintain as much functionality, but a search for Ipod should turn up the half dozen or so threads on them.

3 & 4. I got nothing.

5. Depends if you want hard or soft, hinged or tri-fold. Prices kind of range from a couple hundred to a grand or so for a color matched hard Leer. Again a search for Tonneau cover should kick back the results of those threads for you. I am partial to the Extang full-tilt, which allows full use of the factory rails and cleats still which is a problem with some of the ultra low profile covers.

4. Mar 30, 2008 at 2:50 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Welcome to TacomaWorld.

The only question I can offer help with is the tonneau cover. I have an UnderCover hard tonneau that I'm really happy with. It sells (in the states) for 650 to 700. I have a couple pictures of it in my gallery if you want to see what it looks like.

5. Mar 30, 2008 at 3:04 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
  6. Mar 30, 2008 at 4:23 PM
    mgaudet7

Member:
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Hey thanks everyone, I wasn't expecting any answers this quickly. I never noticed that there was forum search. I'll check it out since all these questions have probably already been answered

7. Mar 30, 2008 at 4:34 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome to TW, metric hurts my head. :canada:

8. Mar 30, 2008 at 7:13 PM
    dbbd1

dbbd1 Well-Known Member

Member:
  9. Mar 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM
    mgaudet7

Member:
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Nice, Thanks. Ya ive been looking around and i dont think its possible. Im not gonna bother getting a new cluster. Its not that big of a deal.

Products Discussed in

To Top