1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma Story

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Daffy, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Jun 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    Daffy

Daffy [OP] Member

Member:
    Collegeville, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD Sport
    After spending 4 hours at the dealer, I came home with my 2010 Pyrite Mica TRD Sport. I kept hearing some squeaks coming from some unidentifiable place. I tried to make a mental note, but I was out of ink.

Anyway, at some point I wanted to see how accessible the oil filter was. I popped the hood and I see it right up high. Better yet, it has a collar around it with a drain hole! Yay! It's not like my '97 - buried underneath and no more cutting a 2 liter soda bottle to fit around it to catch the oil.

After further inspection, I see a factory installed catch container under the drain hole. I'm thinking to myself "man, you gotta love the Japanese". I check to see how the catch container comes out when I see written on the side 'POWERADE'. Oops!

It seems a tech at the dealer (Tri-County Toyota) forgot to remove his catch bottle. It was up against a pulley and belt with a gash in the side. There was still a couple of oz. of oil in it, but it was acting like a time-released lubrication system for my belt.

Aside from a small bit of oil here and there, there's no real harm done. I told the salesman and he reported it to service so they can trace the tech. He said the guy will get written up.

So, no more squeaks and I'm loving my new truck!

2. Jun 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    Haha..Funny story about my wife's 2008 Solara that we had before our 4Runner. Coming home from work one day, the A/C just switched itself off. No warning or anything. After cussing for a few minutes, I tried to turn it back on. Nothing. The only setting that would work was MAX heat, high fan blowing towards the windshield. Not good in July. Well, after a quick trip to the local Toyota dealer and dropping it off, I get a phone call from the service manager laughing. Apparently when it was build, someone had dropped a Sharpie marker into the housing of the A/C unit and it was blocking the arm from moving to any location.

Products Discussed in

To Top