1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tires & Battery

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TacoMarv, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM
    TacoMarv

TacoMarv [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Santa Ana, CA
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner Access TRD Off-Road
    After much research here at Tacoma World and other forums, I decided to go with a Duralast Gold battery and Bridgestone Dueler Alenza tires. I don't have an amp or other equipment so no need for an expensive Optima or similar. Autozone has a good warranty with their batteries too.

As for tires, I was really considering going with Pep Boys for their Buy 3 get 1 Free deals. They had the Definity Dakota's for 132.99 but then you have to buy their road hazard warranty and other stuff. However, the peace of mind you get from knowing Costco's installation is only $15 per tire including the same warranty, and a $70 rebate, and that Costco actually does honor that warranty, ultimately led me to going with the more expensive Alenza for about $171/tire. I read the reviews on this particular tires and felt good about them.

I wanted to save money where I could, but I highly recommend to make the extra sacrifice and treat your Taco to some nice kicks. I believe in the long run I'll save more with better quality tires. Just my two cents.

Products Discussed in

To Top