1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tires...Help me decide!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jdhaas3, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Jul 21, 2011 at 1:33 AM
    jdhaas3

jdhaas3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Rubicon
    Durango front bumper, Warn Dual Force Powerplant HP winch with synthetic line, 3.5 AE lift, regeared to 4.88, ARB diff cover
    I just ordered my wheels and am debating on which tire to order at the moment. I am going up to a 285-75-16 and am planning on going with the BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 (924$ for the set from tire rack). I have also looked at the General Grabber AT2 (704$), the Firestone Destination M/T (924$) and also a few Goodyear tires.

Anybody have any positives or negatives about any of these?

2. Jul 21, 2011 at 2:28 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Theres tons of reviews about all the tires you posted up, just takes some looking.

But as far as the KM2's, theyre the best M/T's I've ever had. Low road noise, good on-road handling and great offroad grip. They also wear like a normal tire, instead of having a short life like other aggressive treads

Another M/T to look at is the hankook dynapro m/t. That and the KM2's are the best on the market IMO.

3. Jul 21, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    edc

edc Well-Known Member

Member:
    ILLINOIS
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma trd crew cab 4x4
    rcd 4.5" lift,relentless fab front bumpers,trd cai,17x9 motometal955,flowmaster40 muffler,cobra sxt cb,k2motor headlights,kl71 kumho tires
    WELL SAID GOT THEM TOO SIZE 305/65/17 WITH 4.5 INCH RCD LIFT,VERY QUIET ON HIGHWAY NO HUMMING PLUS I HAD THEM SIPED SO PROBABLY THAT HELPED TOO.WILL BUY THESE AGAIN.

4. Aug 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Post some detailed pics of your set up man...thinking of getting the same tires and lift!

5. Aug 4, 2011 at 5:18 AM
    jdhaas3

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Rubicon
    Durango front bumper, Warn Dual Force Powerplant HP winch with synthetic line, 3.5 AE lift, regeared to 4.88, ARB diff cover
    The lift is sitting on my dining room table right now, putting it on tomorrow with my neighbor. I ended up ordering my tires from sams club. No charge for shipping and if you buy before August 9th they mount and balance for free and will rebalance every 6000 miles for free. I will post a build thread after I get it all on tomorrow hopefully.

6. Aug 6, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    jdhaas3

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Rubicon
    IMG_0076_bba891fe4b884d61ac0787a14808b256057fdd88.jpg

here you go

Products Discussed in

To Top