1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to board, own base model, thinking of upgrade?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by RyanLikesTacos, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Jun 5, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    RyanLikesTacos

RyanLikesTacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey all, I'm Ryan. New to the forum. Wanted to introduce myself.

Currently I drive an 06 Base 2.7 4 banger 5 lug single cab Taco. Back in 02, I bought a new 4 door Prerunner, loved it for a year but was 20 years old and after a year of the payments, sold it. Missed having a truck, so I bought my 06 about a year ago. Love my truck but its too damn small!!! I've been doing alot of research and am thinking about pulling the trigger on a new quad cab.

I will continue to read up on what people have to say about the different models, but I'm on the fence regarding the I4 or the V6 and which transmission to go with. I don't want to spend a small fortune, and don't need a ton of bells in whistles. Might do some light towing (thinking about a pop up in the near future), so I know the I4 could handle it, but don't know if the V6 is worth it? Any comments or suggestions or a thread to point me towards would be appreciated!

Also, these trucks retain their value so well that I've had a hard time finding a used truck at a used truck price. What happened to "when you drive off the lot, you lose $5K"? I see Tacos that are 3 years old and 50K and only 2 or 3 grand less than new. Sucks when you are looking for a deal, but good to know how well they hold their value.

Btw, I'm in Charlotte, NC and will be moving to Pensacola, FL in about a month (USAF). Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top