1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Forum and having concerns about my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by pvn23, May 10, 2010.

1. pvn23

pvn23 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 Prerunner SR5
    Hello all and thanks for looking at this thread! My name is Denny and I just recently purchased a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 during the month of January. During the time that I had purchased the truck from a local craigslist dealer, the truck seemed to be running fine like it was just brand new and was taken with great care.

However, as February came in, I started noticing that as I was driving the truck, it felt as if the acceleration on the freeway wasn't as great as my dad's old Toyota pick up that I used to drive. I finally took a in depth look at my truck about a few weeks later after the purchase and found out that it seemed like my truck I thought was new (the previous owner said it was a Clean title, I don't even know how DMV passed it) had been in a front end collision before. The weldings and some of the parts have been mixed and match around from what I'm seeing.

So I just drove it normally for the next few months. I drove it on the freeway at about ~70mph these past few weeks and when there was a small decline bump, as my truck went down it, I would hear a "CLANK". I'm not sure whether it's the suspension or something else but I would like to see if I can do anything with this truck or should I just resell it right now. It's currently at 101k miles (I bought it at 97k miles). If it's going to cost a huge chunk of change to fix this truck, I think I may as well resell it now.

But if anybody can give me some details on what I can do to fix the acceleration problem and that clank, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Denny

2. Yamasaki

Yamasaki Yamaha + Kawasaki!

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma Limited TRD 4x4
    An accident by itself does not alter a vehicles title. Vehicles get into accidents all the time and are repaired. The only way a title is affected is if the vehicle is considered a total loss and then rebuilt. This requires a considerable amount of damage.

3. pvn23

pvn23 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 Prerunner SR5
    Well now I understand the whole clean title/salvage title, but the question I asked isn't answered yet. :( Thanks though!

To Top