1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to me Taco needs help!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by flyinthebuff, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Aug 26, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    flyinthebuff

flyinthebuff [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Louisiana, for now
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner Double
    Gents,

Been lurking for a while now. Bought an '02 PreRunner Double cab about a month ago. Thanks to all the awesome info I got my Wheeler's AAL and 5100 shocks installed all around. Also have an energy susp sway and steering rack kit waiting for install. Truck has 125k on it though and with the 5100s set on the middle of the three rings (PreRunner) she's about an inch nose low if measured from the frame and 1.5" low if measured from the fenders. So for a not quite level, I prefer a tiny bit of rake for motorcycle hauling, should I move the billy's to the top ring or replace my stock springs with oem/Moog oem replacements, OR should I add a Fat Bob's 1/2" spring insulator to add that 1/2"? I defer to your expertise and also, did anyone else play hell finding upper strut rod bushings to replace the cracked oem ones? I'm still searching as like I said I want to dial in the correct front height before I get my alignment.

Thanks guys!

Mike

2. Aug 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    if money is an issue, i would move it to the top position, but you could also buy eibach springs, but thats 3inches of lift, dont know if you want that much. theres other springs you can buy that are less lift

3. Aug 26, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    flyinthebuff

flyinthebuff [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Louisiana, for now
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner Double
    I don't want to say money isn't an issue but then again I don't want a recommendation to buy costly coilovers either ;-) I got the Wheeler 1.5 AAL and was looking for a commensurate front lift, i.e. 1.5-2" to keep or slightly lessen the .75" factory rake I had when I started. I've only driven 200ish miles with the AAL installed and it was more 2.5" than 1.5 but I'm hoping they'll settle in over the next 1000 miles of driving and hauling bikes. Keep the intell flowing! Thanks!

4. Aug 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    NegroTundra

NegroTundra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Land of Enchantment
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD 4WD 5 spd
    I recommend Old Man Emu 881's with your billys @ 0. Eibachs will likely provide too much, OME's probably just right. Ride is way better than compressing a stock spring to the 2.5" setting too.

Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top