1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to scene. Need lift advice and opinions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Oh_Six_Taco_4x4, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Jul 29, 2008 at 7:54 AM
    Oh_Six_Taco_4x4

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 [OP] Professional High Fiver

Member:
    Orange Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    OEM skid plate. 3" Toytec lift with AAL. Trail Gear Rock Sliders Rechargable Maglite
    I just got my 2006 4x4. Its an access cab and I want to lift it 3". I was thinking about a spacer kit for the front and an add a leaf in the rear. What do some of you think about that. Is it gonna affect the ride quality? How much lift will I actually get? Also, I want to put some BF Goodrich All Terrains 285/70/17. I have the TRD Sport rims on it. I was wondering how that would look..??:rolleyes: If you guys have any pictures of with similar lifts and tire size, please post. I should have some pics up soon. Thanks.

2. Jul 29, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    Check out my sticky at the top of the page.

3. Jul 29, 2008 at 8:03 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    Trail Limo
    Icon stuff, Skyjacker rear leafs, FJ TRD SE wheels, 285/75/16 Trail grapplers, Rigid SR. 20", Yakima Rack, Bestop Canopy, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Kenwood DNX5120 Navi, Fog Light Mod, Driving Light Mod, BHLM, Scanguage II on Blendmount, TC uca's, ARB Heavy Duty air compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, ARB Front Bumper, Relentless Fab Rear Bumper w/ custom bed protection, WARN M8000
    This is 05TocoTRD's sticky on lifts. This link is awesome to get you started. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/11282-tacoma-lift-faq-guide-read.html

as for how it will look with a 3" lift here is an idea. Good Luck!
    [​IMG]

4. Jul 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    Oh_Six_Taco_4x4

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 [OP] Professional High Fiver

Member:
    Orange Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    OEM skid plate. 3" Toytec lift with AAL. Trail Gear Rock Sliders Rechargable Maglite
    Truck looks great! Are you satisfied with your tire size? I want to do 285/70/17 so it will make it a little taller. I'm not too interested in wider. I don't want it to make the rims look tiny.

5. Jul 29, 2008 at 8:39 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    Trail Limo
    Icon stuff, Skyjacker rear leafs, FJ TRD SE wheels, 285/75/16 Trail grapplers, Rigid SR. 20", Yakima Rack, Bestop Canopy, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Kenwood DNX5120 Navi, Fog Light Mod, Driving Light Mod, BHLM, Scanguage II on Blendmount, TC uca's, ARB Heavy Duty air compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, ARB Front Bumper, Relentless Fab Rear Bumper w/ custom bed protection, WARN M8000
    Yes sir, those are 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. The wideness is pretty good too, the sidewall of the tire is even with the outside edge of the fender flare. It gives it a very tough stock look.

To Top