1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to the Tacoma World... have a few ??'s about my 95' Tacoma

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by drewski82183, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    drewski82183

drewski82183 [OP] Tacoma 1st Timer

Member:
    First Name:
    Aj
    Richmond, Tx
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Single Cab 4x4
    6" Fabtech Lift, 17x10" Diamo 17 Karat's wrapped in 37x12.50 MTR's
    I am proud to say I am the owner of a big 95' Tacoma... I'll add pics of it as soon as I can... I actually traded a bigger Chevy 1/2 ton for it... I needed something I could rely on more than the other truck... I noticed a few things about the truck that I had questions about, but even the previous owner really couldnt answer them so I figured that I would come to ya'll to get some good help.

Since I got it, the front axles have been bad... I believe its because he installed a 6" Fabtech lift on it and didnt do the differential drop on it (read that in your forums)... I will be doing that soon to correct that problem.. I would have to say my biggest problem is in the manual gear box... I have a lot of play when in gear... Typically its a linkage problem, but I didnt seem to see any linkage, so it wasnt as easy for me to fix as I thought it would be. Has anyone experienced this problem and fixed it before? If so, how? I have no problem getting in gear... even with 37x12.50's on it I can still keep up with traffic and not drive the truck hard... I shift at 3 grand most of the time and have no issues keeping up... I just think I have far too much gear play and it makes me feel a little uncomfortable..

Also, with the new wheels and tires I got I had a problem with clearance... Not with fenders or anything, but with the upper A arm.. I KNOW they are big tires... the tires on my full size Chevy were only an inch taller, and it was WAY bigger than my Tacoma... What would be the cheapest/easiest way to fix this problem? Buying new rims and tires is out of the question... I was thinking spacers, but with spacers my hubs will sit a little far in and will be pretty difficult to lock in when it comes time to have fun... is there a way to get a hub that is longer so they stick out enough to reach? I had 16.5x10"s on it and they were wrapped in 35x12.50" BFG AT KO's... but I wanted a good mud terrain so went up a size in rims... I know there is a way to make it all work, but Im so flustered with it right now that I cant think straight... I just need some help!!

2. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:48 AM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Welcome to TW! :D I'm not a suspension guy, but there are lots of people on here who are. They should be able to help you. Post pics when you can.

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 10:00 AM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    yea pics would be great:D

Products Discussed in

To Top