1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to the World of Tacos!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by gt4som, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM
    gt4som

gt4som [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nelson
    Tampa, FL
    Hi everyone. I've recently been reading up in the forums to find more information about Tacomas. I'm loving the forum, there's a lot of helpful information.

I'm 25 year old guy living in South Florida and I've been a huge fan of Toyota. My daily drivers is a 1990 celica gt and a 1992 celica gts. They both are swapped with a 3sgte. Recently I've decided I need a new daily driver so I can park my cars.

I decided I would like a truck to haul stuff occasionally because I'm in the process of buying a home. Mind you I've never owned a truck. I might need to buy material or lumber to build a shed etc... The biggest drawback that I saw with 4 door trucks were the bad gas mileage. A buddy of mine told me that the new Double Cab Tacomas have a I4 option. 19/25 mpg I'm Sold!

I went to the dealer to check it out. I was able to see one but unfortunately it was already sold so I couldn't test drive it. I was able to check out the interior and I loved the truck, there was plenty of room and the standard features were great. The only draw back that I found was that it sat kinda funny with the stock 15" wheels/tires. The salesman told me that the Access Cab I4 drives the same as the Double Cab so I took it out for a spin and it drove great! I'm not really looking for my truck to go fast. Every thing is flat here in Florida so I don't think I need to be concerned about more power. He told me he can get me another one for 21k + tax tag and tittle so that's a pretty good deal.

I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this, any input? Also, any suggestions as far as the wheels go? I am definitely going to replace the current tire/wheel setup with wider and bigger wheels. Maybe from an older tacoma. This one is a 5 lug so will it be difficult to find some other OEM wheels?

Any input is appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top