1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Toyotas

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Walnuts, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Nov 29, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    Walnuts

Walnuts [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Hello people of Tacoma world. I recently purchased a new to me 2006 TRD offroad double cable short box. Many toyota friends told me I should join up so here I am.

Currently living in Shawnee, KS which is a metro city of Kansas city I'm roughly 10 minutes outside of downtown depending on traffic. I work at one of the local truck shops ChuxTrux and after riding/modifying and looking at pretty much every style of pickup or 4x4 you can imagine I landed on a Tacoma. Something about them just stands out compared to the rest of the trucks out there.

I'm not new to offroading or modifying vehicles just wanting to try somthing new. I currently have a highly modified 90 Mazda Miata that I use to pretend that I'm good at drifting.

This is my Miata next to my wifes project miata that we plan on building over the course of the next few years as well. (She just likes it because it's yellow)
    [​IMG]

What I do with it.
    [​IMG]

I bought this Tacoma as a mixture of daily driver, tow rig for my drift car and camping/offroad rig. There is a local Tacoma that I would love to make mine look like. Going to start with a 3" lift wheels/tires and hopefully some rocksliders and take it out and check how well it does offroad.

Picture of the truck the day I adopted it.
    [​IMG]

If there are any local to Kc/midwest meets or offroading events please let me know!

Also stupid question but Jeep guys have the easter Jeep safari and things like that, is there any large Toyota offroading meets like that?

2. Nov 29, 2015 at 9:56 AM
    CAM37

CAM37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport
    Welcome and congrats !

My first two tours in the Air Force were both at McConnell AFB in Wichita. While Kansas will never be confused for a metropolis, I enjoyed my time in Kansas a great deal.

Hope someone will chime in re: your questions. Again, congrats... nice truck !

3. Nov 29, 2015 at 10:09 PM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Welcome!

4. Dec 1, 2015 at 3:25 PM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    Welcome to TW!

Products Discussed in