1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New User 04 Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by rubyeb, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Sep 9, 2006 at 11:40 AM
    rubyeb

rubyeb [OP] Kevin Hergert

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    04 Toyota Tacoma 4wd sr5
    You should have plenty of users a year from now. I occasionally hit the Tundraworld site. They introduced me to a dealer near Boston dealer that offered an aggressively priced extended warranty, and a group purchase of seat covers. Once your user base builds, buying stuff is always a crowd pleaser.

I went from a 90 Tacoma to a 04 Tacoma. I was disappointed that no one will offer second fuel tank for the newer trucks due to emmissions. The 04 v-6 may be more powerful than the 90 v-6, but they both hunt back and forth at the smallest hill. The 90 was closest to a Limited, and the 04 is a nice sr5. I bought too late in the year to find a limited. And that's a shame because downgrading usually should be avoided.

If I were to buy another, I'd buy used any year that I can add a second 15 gallon tank above the spare, retaining the spare in place. But that is seeming unlikely. A stick shift would solve the transmission frequent shifts. Next purchase will be a 3/4 truck. The Tacoma has good mileage, but can't pull much. Even the Tundra is a bit on the light side for pulling, which leaves the other 3 full size pickup builders. Don't tell me what a Tundra can pull. Put 4 tons on the back and head for the mountains. You want a big v-8 or diesel with a rear end geared for pulling.

So hi group. Let's see how it goes.

Kevin

2. Sep 9, 2006 at 12:18 PM
    mazutoytaco

mazutoytaco Active Member

Member:
    Have you read and seen the new 2007 Tundra?

3. Oct 11, 2006 at 6:00 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    Hi all, just bought a new 06 Yoda, you mentioned dealers, I bought mine from Boch in Norwood on the "Auto Mile". The salesman I had was good but did not want to look at other Toyota dealers in the area for the truck that I had requested, I was very specific.
    I finally found the truck I wanted at Wellesley Toyota on Rt 9. Boch then called them and got it for me, after some pushing.

Lexington Toyota (George Gray) is supposed to be another good dealer.
    Wellesley was good also. Some dealers don't have 07's in yet for some reason.

Dealing with car dealers is frustrating, naturally, if you can buy cash with no trade, you are way ahead and can really bargain. None of the dealers I visited would allow me any more than half of the current book value of my old car, which had only 68K on it but was 10yrs old and it was a GM car and they really don't want to deal with it.

They are going to send it to the auction anyhow.

Good luck with your dealer search.

4. Oct 11, 2006 at 9:46 AM
    rubyeb

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    04 Toyota Tacoma 4wd sr5
    Have I seen the 07 tundra? No. The tundra GCRW is 11,800 and towing is rated at 7100. Unless you just turn your head to numbers, you're looking at a 19" travel trailer or a horse trailer for 2. And that's if you tow at the upper end of specs. Tundra's are for small loads and best for commuters wanting a pretty truck. Maybe you work at a different place than my kids.

Cars are pleasant to drive but are worth little at trade-in time. Trucks are better, but all vehicles always end up in the junk yard. It is usually a matter of economical repair meaning you don't fix a $4000 transmission if the vehicle is worth $2000. That $4000 transmission fix is marginal even if the vehicle is worth say $5000. Sad, isn't it?

5. Aug 21, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    you might be a bit late

6. Aug 21, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    thread is from 2006 :)

7. Aug 21, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    rubyeb

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    04 Toyota Tacoma 4wd sr5
    sure it's from 2006

dont ya like the guys that think a 2004 is old in 2008? Even if I don't like every detail, its not for sale till 2019 or later.

Products Discussed in

To Top