1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Year, New Truck, New Guy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by GratefulPred, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Jan 1, 2008 at 9:13 AM
    GratefulPred

GratefulPred [OP] Member

Member:
    FAR Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 4x4 SR5 Black 5 Speed 4 cyl
    Hardwired Sirius satellite radio & ipod adaptor, weathertech floor liners, more to come...
    Hey All! Yesterday I plunked down the $5000 downpayment for my 08 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4. I should have it on Saturday or Monday since they had to order it in for me. (What? You don't have an SR5 in Black on the lot? Dude...) I can't wait. I sold my much beloved 94 Silverado Extended Cab so I could get this one. I can only hope my 4cyl engine I am getting is a tough and reliable as the old 4cyl 20R engine I had in my '78 Celica. That thing survived my driving lessons and the abuse I dished out as an idiot teenager. I'll check back on this site when I can.

2. Jan 1, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Congratulations!!

I hope they call you sooner than planned.

Looks like everyone's been offloading their big rigs for smaller ones. I ditched an 04 Dodge Ram for a 07 tacoma. Love them tacomas!

Get some pictures up when you can!

3. Jan 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Congrats on the truck, and welcome to TW from the Great Lakes region. All I here is how tough the I-4 engine is, I don't believe you will be disappointed.

4. Jan 4, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    GratefulPred

GratefulPred [OP] Member

Member:
    FAR Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Hardwired Sirius satellite radio & ipod adaptor, weathertech floor liners, more to come...
    MAN!! Waiting for a truck to hit the lot is WAY worse than waiting for Christmas! I just talked with my sales guy and the truck has yet to even get to St. Louis. Once it gets there, then my dealership in Paducah needs to get it and do thier thing before I can pick it up. DRAG!!! It's going to be a long weekend. Oh well. It will just be that much sweeter when I get it!

5. Jan 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I went through that routine for my Tacoma. If you get it next week you will be lucky. It took about 3 weeks for the process to play out when I got mine. You're right it is WAY worse than waiting for Christmas.

6. Jan 4, 2008 at 11:12 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Almost forgot...welcome to the site, and congrats on your truck...

7. Jan 4, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    Bill in Ky

Bill in Ky Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Bright White 08 Reg 4X4 2.7 5spd SR5
    I got my first 4x4 in 1972...haven't been without one! I still like Chrome!
    Welcome and Congrads! You will love that Tacoma!!

8. Jan 8, 2008 at 3:48 AM
    GratefulPred

GratefulPred [OP] Member

Member:
    FAR Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    (drums fingers on desktop) Well, I was SUPPOSED to get my truck last night but there was a hold up and now I have to go out of town for work and it will be Thursday before I can pick up my ride. The salesguy has apologized profusely and given me a few oil changes free for my troubles. If it's not ready when I roll back into town Thursday however I might start looking for a tall building.

9. Jan 10, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    GratefulPred

GratefulPred [OP] Member

Member:
    FAR Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    IT'S HERE!!!! What a pleasure it is to drive. Just going to break my heart having to take it on a 300 miles roadie for work tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

Products Discussed in

To Top