1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

newbee ? roof rack?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by myfirst06taco, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Jun 29, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    myfirst06taco

myfirst06taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Clarke county ,VA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4
    5100's eibach coils , Allpro leaf pack , roll up tonneau cover with led bed lights, hids, homertaco grill
    Just got my 06 last week , I want a removable pad or rack that I can put on the roof without scuffing or denting the roof . I see them all the time on cars at the beach carrying surf boards and stuff. I just want to carry my canoe on a camping trip. Any help would be great , thanks

2. Jun 29, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    Coastie Joe

Coastie Joe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    NM
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Off Road
    I just bought a Thule roof rack... Its a pretty sweet set up for around $329 the guys at Auto Anything said the people that buy racks buy about 80% Thule and 20% Yakima... Google them both and see what you like... If you need part numbers let me know... :cool:

3. Jun 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    myfirst06taco

myfirst06taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Clarke county ,VA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4
    5100's eibach coils , Allpro leaf pack , roll up tonneau cover with led bed lights, hids, homertaco grill
    how about a soft pad with straps , or something that mounts to the rain channel ??? where can I find this???

4. Jun 29, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    Coastie Joe

Coastie Joe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    NM
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Off Road
    ALL at the same place... Google Thule roof rack and go to their site... Once you get there put in the vehicle info and what you will be doing with the rack and you will see a full selection of items that fit your needs.... It you dont wanna go after market you can get a toyota roof rail system that mounts in the rain channels on top and then put aftermarket rails accross it with the rack that you want to hold your canoe ect...

5. Jun 29, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    kvnhlstd

kvnhlstd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Valley of the Sun (Hot Sun)
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4X4
    Bought a yakima rack, I haul two kayaks on my rack... stuff never touches the roof, no scratching.
    Went Yakima over Thule because Yakima is an american company and Thule is swedish, I try and support USA when I can. Called yakima for Customer support on a hitch mounted bike rack parts and it was phenomenal.

6. Jul 21, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    ksavage523

ksavage523 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I like Yakima as well, I have had 2 different Yakima systems and 1 Thule and the yakima took much more abuse. The Thule looked worn fast.

7. Jul 21, 2009 at 7:14 PM
    CAdiveTaco

CAdiveTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2009 Taco DC LB Pre Runner TRD Sport
    Bed Extender, Bed matt, G4 Fold-a-cover, debadged, locked spare, taigate hoe clamp mod, TW stick
    Try discountramps.com, I just ordered a hitch style bike carrier and roof basket from them, nice prices too. They have a ton of stuff that can be used on our trucks either at the hitch, in the bed or on the roof.

8. Jul 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I have a Thule w/ a fairing. Pics in my gallery. Its been on for about 2 yrs now without any problems & works great. I bought it from Rack Warehouse locally but they sell online as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top