1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie needs help with the following codes

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by motorhead1257, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Aug 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    motorhead1257

motorhead1257 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Les
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    Casper
    None yet
    I have a 2010 2.7L Taco "base cab" 4x4 5spd manual that came with a bench seat, and I did the bucket swap. Yes I read all I could find here on this site and thought I did it all step by step. I even changed out the bench seat wiring harness and PC modules from the bench seat to work on the bucket seats. Then I did the "resistor" install on both passenger side and driver side "YELLOW" wire for the side air bags. I hooked everything up and connected the battery and "WAH LAH" air bag light stays on. I can get into the passenger seat and the air bag system info under the radio says Air bag on when I sit in the pass seat. I'm like what the HECK !! So I do the OBD-II scan and get these two codes B-1821 and B-1826 meaning left-side and right-side system failure or whatever it said like that. I then canceled the codes and ran another scan, and "WAH LAH" same stupid thing.
    Someone please point me in the right direction.

Oh, my truck says TRD all over the bed, someone here says "NO" it's not a TRD cause it's a base cab 4cyl. So I don't know about that one either.

Forgive the long post just wanted to clear up the fact that I did do what some of the guys n gals here said to do and it didn't work or I Screwed something up.

Thanks, Les

2. Aug 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    RacecarGuy

RacecarGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB OR
    Pelfreybilt front and rear HC bumper w/swingout, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Diff skid, Pelfreybilt IFS and Trans skid, RCI gas tank skid, Bronze SCS F-5's, Icon RR's ext travel, Dakar leafs, Archive Garage shackle flip

Products Discussed in

To Top