1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in 'New Members' started by pivitol, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Oct 30, 2007 at 12:32 AM
    pivitol

pivitol [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5 TRD Off-Road V-6 4WD de-flapped
    Hello I am an avid Toyota fan. Never thought I would join a forum 'till today. Whenever I had an issue I would just find someone else that had the same problem (which has only been once) and read the replies. But today I recived an e-mail from a VW forum about the new Tundras ( I know this is a Taco forum but bear with me) and problems with the tailgates failing under weight. The members went on to trash most Toy's and how great VW's are. So with that said I decided to join the ranks and voice my loyality to Toyota. I've had my Taco for 5 years now and like everyone else it is a work in progress. I look forward to learning and hopfully sharing with you all!

2. Oct 30, 2007 at 4:29 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Welcome to TW.

3. Oct 30, 2007 at 4:59 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Welcome to TW!

As an avid fan of VW and Toyota, I can tell you this: Both have their strong points AND their weak points. There are more problems with the 99.5-2004 (A4) Jetta's and Golfs than there are with any Toyota product of late (leaving out the T100).

However, there have been a number of problems with the Tundra which Toyota has bent over backwards to remedy. There have also been a number of issues with the Camry Hybrid's CVT Transmission, and the V6 Camry.

I own an 07 Tacoma 2.7L PreRunner and a 06 RAV4 V6 4WD. Neither one has had a major problem yet nor have they ever disappointed me. My 98 Jetta TDI was the same way. Every car has small problems, but these three vehicles have been die-hard movers since the day I got them.

I have owned Chevy, Honda, Subaru, Pontiac, Ford, Mazda, Acura, VW, Toyota, and Saturn. All have been good cars in their own ways.

I try not to bash VW, Honda, Nissan, Suzuki, Chevy, Dodge, or even Ford (which I actually dispise). Bashing only shows that you know how to complain. I prefer to be positive. Those companies give people jobs, and show us how well Toyota is really doing. ;)

We are glad that you are here with TW! We look forward to sharing our knowledge, and we are glad that you are here to support our Tacoma addictions. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top