1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in 'New Members' started by tonyd, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Mar 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM
    tonyd

tonyd [OP] Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 Sr5 TRD OFF RD 4x4 Short Bed Locker TOW V6 Indigo Ink
    DRL, FOG LIGHTS ON ANYTIME, SIRIUS INSTALL THRU JBL, LOCKING TAILGATE
    Just wanted to say hello, I haven't recieved the Tacoma yet and possibly it's a good thing heres why. I went to the local Toyota dealer told them I was intrested in a Tacoma double cab 4x4 in desert sand mica with all the bells and whistles. I went thru their inventory and nothing caught my eye. We then went inside and I asked them if I could order what I wanted, they said no that they have already depleted thier allowance but I could purchase a Tacoma that was still on it's way in. We then went thru the inventory of vehicles on the way in (still on the ship) I picked one out, paid cash for it but didn't take possesion yet. I live in Las Vegas Nevada and possibly the rules are different, but on other forums I heard guys saying they ordered their Tacoma. Did the dealer Lie to Me???:mad:

2. Mar 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Welcome to TacomaWorld.

I've never heard of a dealer who couldn't order a specific car or truck if you were willing to wait for it. It could be that he was just trying to move another truck out the door for this months sales numbers.

3. Mar 15, 2008 at 2:17 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Welcome to TW.

4. Mar 15, 2008 at 6:41 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Roland is correct, he is working you for a sale, just not your sale. If you want a Taco that is desert sand mica, just put your foot down. :argue:

5. Mar 15, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    Hello tonyd, welcome to TW. I`m not sure how dealerships work out there but it probably varies as it does here. Seems like sometimes the dealers are cooperative with each other (willing to swap vehicles to make a sale) and other times you might have to check every lot in the state to find what you want. As for ordering one specifically like from the factory ???

6. Mar 15, 2008 at 7:37 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Boy is Concrete Jedi right---you're talking about possibly the biggest monetary commitment in your life at this point-one shot, Pal-GET WHAT YOU WANT! That dealer has to move his inventory. He's banking on you havin' a hard-on for any new truck. It's not his money. One of those tough things you gotta do sometimes but you'll be happier and you may even keep that truck longer because you got your wish.

7. Mar 16, 2008 at 7:56 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Welcome to TW! ! !!! I think they lied to ya:)

Products Discussed in

To Top