1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newest Tacoma Owner and got a Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Terp, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Oct 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    Terp

Terp [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport
    Hey all,

I just came on board with a brand new 2010 dbl cab sport Taco!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've already taken her off road a bit and had lots of fun. I quickly saw the need for some improvements though...

[​IMG]

So, with that said, I went into a 4WheelParts store and had them ring up some numbers. I was hoping you all could look it over and verify that this is all I will need to get 3" lift and new wheels/tires!

Skyjacker Component Box (part TC530ST: http://www.skyjacker.com/products/products_search/number_detail/?f_part_number=tc530st

2 Skyjacker Add a Leaf (part TCR515S: http://www.skyjacker.com/products/products_search/number_detail/?f_part_number=tcr515s

2 Skyjacker Shock Absorber (part h7045: http://www.skyjacker.com/products/products_search/number_detail/?f_part_number=h7045

The wheels and tires are Matte Black 17" XD Addicts with 285 Mickey ATZ's. Am I missing anything? Do I need the 2 extra shocks for the back? Also, I asked about needing new UCA's but they said this was unneccessary. This true?

Thanks for all the help and I look forward to my time here!

2. Oct 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    Warren Thompson

Warren Thompson GeoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma DC TRD Sport RadRed
    Nice looking Sport. You will have many years of enjoyment from your truck. Is that dual exhaust? Or just ornament?:rolleyes: Looks cool.

If you have the Bilsteins shocks, why replace them? You are going to lift it?

Get good off-road tires!! I have BFG Rugged trails and love them. I 4X4 for a living. Never needed to lift it. I would like to level mine out. I believe with the hillside leans in my off-road work, moving further away from a low center of gravity is counter productive, like suicide. JMHO. Don't need to be rolling downhill:eek:!!

3. Oct 25, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Congratulations

4. Oct 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    toyby4

toyby4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 INDIGO INK PEARL TRD Sport
    Black HID Headlights, HID FOGs, Leer Tonneau, Tint, Pioneer NAV, Backup CAM
    NIce truck... what are those side steps called? Are the OEM? Where can I get some? Thanks

5. Oct 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I think those are N-Fabs. Google them :)

6. Oct 25, 2009 at 3:35 PM
    Terp

Terp [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport
    Thanks all!

I'm looking to add the lift to give the truck more ground clearance.

And the side steps are the Predator side steps from my dealer. I think they're relatively new but most dealers should have them.

7. Oct 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    tenny45

tenny45 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 White Sport 4x4
    Nice truck dude! I justg bought a Super White same truck. This is my 3rd Tacoma. The first thing I did was to take out the Secondary air filter and replaced primary with a K&N air filter $50 at advanced auto. The truck runs better with more power and it sounds good when you get on it. Enjoy!! PS Is that a Dual exhaust add on to your single pipe?

8. Oct 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Just east of crazy

Member:
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Toyo A30 tires, Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover.
    Welcome to TW. Nice truck.

To Top