1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

newwwww guy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by jontrd, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Oct 16, 2007 at 9:03 PM
    jontrd

jontrd [OP] New Member

Member:
    Just thought I'd introduce myself. Saw this site on google and it's looking really nice, a lot of useful info here I have found. I currently do not own a Tacoma, but I'm in the process of buying one. AOne question though, out of the 2nd gen's is there a specific year better than the rest or are they basically the same? I'm looking for a 05+ crew cab.

2. Oct 16, 2007 at 9:05 PM
    natrlyst

natrlyst Well-Known Member

Member:
    There is little differetuffnce between the years with the exception of minor stuff, for example the 07's upgraded a few things wider seats, etc. all very minor. The 05 will suit fine in relation, good luck.

3. Oct 17, 2007 at 7:16 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Like natrylst said, they are almost identical. However, the newer the year the more bugs have been noticed and worked out. Just an example, the 05-07's have weak rear suspension and weak tailgates. This was fixed by the time the 08's rolled out. No huge differences but a few minor ones. If you found an 05 you like for a good deal i think you'll be very happy. Welcome to TW!

4. Oct 17, 2007 at 10:11 AM
    jontrd

jontrd [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks for the welcome guys! It's good to know the 05's are just as good as the newer ones except for minor details, but thats the same situation with any car/truck. Has anybody had any experience buy a vehicle over ebay? I can't seem to find any 05's in the area here.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Oct 17, 2007 at 10:50 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I would never buy a vehicle sight unseen... especially ebay. A buddy of mine got a 04 volvo for a good deal. it had 90k plus miles but thats not a whole lot for a volvo. When he got it it was leaking fluids from every seal and drove like crap and only started when it felt like it. The auction online said it was in "excelent" condition. if i were you i would just be patient and willing to drive a couple hundred miles to get one.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top