1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Next Mods: DRL Switch, AC Outlets, Etc...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 007Tacoma, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Apr 24, 2007 at 10:32 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma [OP] I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Okay, I finally got the DRLs added to my Tacoma, so now I am moving onward and upward...

DRL Switch (Second Generation Tacoma):

I am going to install a switch to turn off the DRLs when I don't wan them on. I know where the relay and adapter is (because I installed them), but does anyone know which wire to terminate to a switch to get the DRLs to turn off without any other "side-effects"??? i know which one on the 1st Gens, but they aren't the same on the 2nd Gens.

AC Outlets:

I am going to look into adding 3 outlets in the cab of my truck. One on the dash, and two into the rear part of the center console. That way I can have a laptop, a cooler, and another miscellaneous thing plugged in at once. I want to ensure that it uses the stock setup (like those of the V6 TRDs truck bed outlet). I am researching parts and ideas right now.

Fog Lights:

I am looking to install FACTORY Fog Lights or at least something close to it. The only modification here is to have them on without the headlights being on... I am still waiting to see how CasaTaco's upgrade went...

Detroit TruTrac Limited Slip Differential:

I am still looking for a place in San Antonio to do this. I can't do it until my house in Houston sells (because money is tight when you live in two places at once). Hopefully that will be soon. If anyone knows of anyone that does this for a good price, please feel free to let me know. ;)

Bike Fork Mounts on Bed Rails:

As soon as I get another bike :rolleyes: I am going to do this. I don't know if I am going to use the Toyota bike fork clamps or if I am going to go a bit further and get something for a kayak (mark = many dreams, not enough time).

I have a ton of more ideas and projects that I want to do, but these are on the front of my mind. Any ideas, information, or suggestions are much appreciated!

2. Apr 25, 2007 at 6:07 PM
    07taco

07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    2017 taco trd dclb
    how much you pay for Detroit TruTrac Limited Slip Differential???

3. Apr 26, 2007 at 5:42 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    I haven't done it yet. I am looking for someone in our area (San Antonio, New Braunfels, Austin) that can do it for a good price. I have to wait until my house in Houston sells before I do this (too much money bleeding out my wallet :eek:). Are you looking to do the same thing?

4. Apr 29, 2007 at 12:25 PM
    07taco

07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    2017 taco trd dclb
    I talked to a guy named joey at maximum motorsports. They said a lsd would be better and cheaper than a locker for what i want. Quoted 500 for warn hubs includes putting them in just need gear oil advised to use syn lube. This is a good price or i buy 230 to install. 2310-655-0184 16539 35North selma tx 78154.

5. Apr 30, 2007 at 11:07 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Curious - why do you need hubs on a rear end differential?

I think we might be on two different tracks here. I am looking at a Limited Slip REAR differential. From what I have been told that to install a Detroit TruTrac LSD - I have to get the rear housing cover replaced, and get the differential itself installed. I have been quoted $600+ for parts and labor in Farmington, NM (friend's friend's shop). They installed a LSD rear end on my 94' Suburban for $400 (two weeks before someone totaled it :mad: ).

I am looking for ~$500 for a warrantied install of a Detroit TruTrac LSD on the rear of my 2WD PreRunner.

...anybody???

6. Apr 30, 2007 at 5:35 PM
    07taco

07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    2017 taco trd dclb
    you know that after i posted this it did not make sense too me. I think the guy though i had 4x4 already.

Products Discussed in

To Top