1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nfab steps for Access Cab and Double Cab the same?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NY10Taco, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Feb 27, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    NY10Taco

NY10Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 SR5 Super White
    Part numbers are different T0678QC and T0678CC but everywhere I shopped mixed up the descriptions. I confirmed on the nfab site what part number I needed for my Access cab T0678QC and ordered from jegs. They sent me the T0678CC that said 4 door all beds on the box. Before I left for works I tried to quick measure the mounting holes and it looks like they may line up but the rear ones are actually on the bed panel. Nfab is closed on the weekend so I could not confirm with them.

I am just hoping someone has had experience with these and might know if they are really the same and just have different part numbers not to confuse the masses and to charge more for the DC ones. I'll try to mount them up tomorrow but I was hoping for some confirmation so I don't get up so early to do it. I know it's like a 20 minute job but I'm a busy man. ;)

2. Feb 27, 2016 at 7:40 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nope.

There is a guy selling a set right now who thought they did and ordered the wrong kind (DCSB bars for his AC).

Now he's taking an $85 bath.

3. Feb 27, 2016 at 7:56 PM
    NY10Taco

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 SR5 Super White
    Awesome. Crap. At least I ordered the right ones and they messed up. Just sets me back a couple weeks.

4. Feb 27, 2016 at 7:58 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
  5. Feb 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    I have AC NFAB's on my DC.

The bars are the same length, the difference is the rear mounting location. The front and middle brackets are the same location and bolt right up; the rear bracket location is different, and that is easily solved with a couple self-tapping screws.

Edit: I just noticed this was a supplier mistake, in which case I would have them correct rather than using my self-tapping solution.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  6. Feb 27, 2016 at 9:54 PM
    NY10Taco

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 SR5 Super White
    Thanks guys. I guess At least I can put them up against the truck and make sure I like them. And who knows, maybe there was a redesign and it will button right up. And monkeys might also fly out of my butt.

7. Feb 27, 2016 at 11:35 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    They are plenty strong even without the rear bracket bolted up, you'd be surprised at how rigid they are. I actually ran mine without the rear brackets secured for a couple of years before I finally got around to self-tapping them, and the rear barely hung down at all, less than an inch. Both of those pictures are without the rear secured. So you could safely bolt yours on and see how you like them.

One thing to note if you do, is that the rear step is set a little further forward on the AC version than the DC version. So if you bolt them on and the rear step seems far back, just remember that the AC version will have the step further forward for the smaller rear AC door. The DC version might not be as functional on an AC as the AC is on my DC; the rear step being moved forward a bit doesn't affect functionality for my rear doors.

8. Feb 28, 2016 at 6:01 AM
    NY10Taco

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 SR5 Super White
    Well, the verdict is in. I mocked them up this morning and I could make it work. The rear as you said is the only wrong mounting point but it does actually line directly up with a hole in the bed where the plastic splash guard is. I could put one bolt in and just use a nut. The step is a little far back but I suspect that may be the case with the correct part number and just the mounting brackets are welded different. So I decided to just wait and get the right ones.

I called Jegs and found the steps were drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. Seems strange they would mix up the part numbers when they are hand written and printed on a label clearly in 4 spots on the outside of the box. Nfab is closed so Jegs is going to contact them in the morning. It's just really annoying... I hate waiting.

I checked the shipping costs on FedEx and they would be $160 for me to ship back. That means they were about the same to ship to me (minus whatever discounted deal Jegs has for high volume) making the cost of shipping $16 more than I paid for the steps total with free shipping. Maybe I can convince them to cut their loses and let me keep them.../???

I did a bunch of searching on the fitment topic and didn't find anything so I wanted to do this post so others can find it if they are researching.

9. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:10 PM
    RKCRUZA

RKCRUZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Placerville, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro in the Garage!
    Not sure where you got $160 shipping for N-fab steps. The suppliers do not pay anywhere near that price...

10. Feb 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM
    NY10Taco

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 SR5 Super White
    I think I mentioned that in my post but hey, thanks for your your valuable input.

BrettBretterson likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top