1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NFAB type side steps in satin or flat black?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaChris, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Nov 3, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    TacomaChris

TacomaChris [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anybody know if the NFAB type of side steps are available in satin or flat black? I know NFAB only makes them in gloss black, but I was wondering if there are other brands that sell these in a flat or satin finish. I prefer not to buy new bars just to have them sandblasted and re-powdercoated. Thanks

2. Nov 3, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    roboots21

roboots21 Taco Supreme!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Pittsfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport DC LB
    Bilstein 5100's, Grillecraft, Flowmaster, Nitto's, NFab's, BHLM, BFLM, 20% tint, more to come.
    I have the N-Fabs in a Textured Black powdercoat which is a satin finish. It holds up much better than the gloss black in the Northeast winters. You may have to call them directly to get them but I am not sure. I do know they make them though.

3. Nov 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    TacomaChris

TacomaChris [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well, I did find that both RBP and NFAB have a textured black. RBP calls it a wrinkled black finsh but they charge waaay more for their product. I called both NFAB and RBP and I did confirm that the "wrinkle" finish is applied by NFAB. RBP does not finish these when they arrive...they just add their badges and raise the price. Also, the color matching NFAB offers is a powder coat and not paint - good to know.

Easy decision...going with the NFAB!!!:D

Products Discussed in

To Top