1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Night stalker fx led lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by RichLec, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Jan 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    RichLec

RichLec [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Double Cab
    Has anyone heard of these lights? I have a set of green ones that have never been used and was looking the website up www.nightstalkerfx.com and it is down. I don't know if I have a use for them, have had them for years but never opened or installed them... I guess I am looking to see if I should sell them or try to find a use for them..

Rich

2. Jan 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    JasperOffroad

JasperOffroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wow. I did not expect to see this here.

nightstalkerfx, as far as I know, is out of business. I actually helped in a little bit of the production and development of those lights.

They are fantastic units, very bright and durable. Do you have the directions to them? They are dimmable and depending on what model they can also strobe. I don't know what they would be worth on the current market so if you can find a use for them, they would be great. They were very expensive units when new. Being green limits your options a bit but possible use them as rock lights or fancy street racer underlighting.

3. Jan 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    RichLec

RichLec [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Double Cab
    I have all the directions. Original box with a small coffee stain lol.. Dimmable, I will have to look into that. I didn't know if maybe there was a way to change the color at all.. That would make these more useful to me..

4. Jan 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    JasperOffroad

JasperOffroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    If I am remembering correctly, the LED itself is a green CREE unit. If the lens is clear, it is a green LED and you can not change the color. Everything is potted and sealed together in there. If it is just the lens that is green, you can just get a new lens made. It is simple PC or plexiglass. You can use a hole saw to get the correct diameter and then drill out and countersink the fastening screws. There is a rubber o-ring in there that seals the lens to the body, preventing water ingress. All of this is probably useless though, since I think it is the actual LED that is colored.

5. Jan 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    RichLec

RichLec [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Double Cab
    Yeah I think the lens is clear. I'll have to grab he box and take a harder look and think if I can use these. I know when I first bought them I had a show truck but never got around o putting them in. They were slated for foot well lights..

Rich

6. Dec 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    jamurray

jamurray New Member

Member:
    I have a set of these lights and have searched everywhere for a wiring diagram. the company has went out of business and I cannot find any information. I have 4 lights and a switch which will dim the lights. any info would be appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top