1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Night Vision

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by JRFugitt, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Dec 10, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    JRFugitt

JRFugitt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '13 PreRunner V6
    I've seen some videos on Youtube, and found it interesting that digital cameras and web cams can be turned into cheap night vision even saw one that mounted it to his red dot and had a small screen to look at. So lets toss some ideas around and come up with something that we 1)want to have 2)cheap enough for all to make 3) easy to make for anyone and 4)be a badass project! With all the knowledge and techeads on this site I don't see how we can't. I'm a tinkerer by nature so who's with me?:stirthepot:
    Maybe adapt it to a behind the grill stealth zombie hunter mod or something with a screen inside the truck!

2. Dec 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    they make night vision scopes. but FYI watch your state laws on them. some states allow them and some do not. some you have to have a permit to use.

3. Dec 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    JRFugitt

JRFugitt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '13 PreRunner V6
    I believe they are legal in Texas and yes I know they make them but they are expensive. Just thought it would be something fun to make and toss around some ideas (aka good topic for discussion). Maybe some one could post a link to check the state laws or a link to some cheap n.v. scopes so we can try to build something cheaper.

Products Discussed in

To Top