1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NJ 2016 Tacoma Owners and Insurance

Discussion in 'North East' started by bobzilla, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Dec 2, 2015 at 4:36 PM
    bobzilla

bobzilla [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Northern NJ
    I'm looking at the new Tacomas, and was wondering what you folks in NJ are paying for insurance. I realize there's lots of factors, but just a ballpark figure would help.

My insurance broker tells me mine would go up $84 from what it is now. Would be $1472 for the year.

Thanks for any info you folks can supply!

Bob

2. Dec 4, 2015 at 9:31 AM
    TuckHolladay

TuckHolladay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad, Blue, stock for now
    Didnt buy yet but I talked to my insurance (USAA) I am at $1500 for the year with my Jeep and Motorcycle and would go up to about double that adding on a new Tacoma. Might be time to drop the old Jeep to just liability...

also I am looking for NJ, NY or Pa dealers that people recommend.

3. Jan 22, 2016 at 12:08 PM
    bobzilla

bobzilla [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Northern NJ
    Bringing this up again as I'm waiting for my new 2016 Tacoma to arrive. Probably in a week or so.

It's the TRD Off Road 4x4 Double Cab, auto, Blazing Blue. Just sent my insurance company the VIN and my insurance will go up $600 for the year! Anybody on here living in Northern NJ have any insurance recommendations??

Thanks!

Bob

4. Feb 11, 2016 at 12:15 PM
    Tac0dub

Tac0dub Member

Member:
    What kind of feedback did you get on NJ/NY/PA dealers? I've just begun my search and only joined the forum this afternoon...

5. Feb 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM
    TuckHolladay

TuckHolladay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad, Blue, stock for now
    I didn't get a lot of feedback, but the only person I PMed told me he goes to DCH Freehold. I went and they did seem reputable and honest. Towne Toyota is another I went to that I liked, there is an incredible homemade ice cream place next door worth the visit just for that. Parkway Toyota gets glowing internet reviews, I went and couldn't come to a deal but the salesman was honest. Avoid East Coast Toyota like the plague serious shady dishonesty coming out of that place.

Anyway not sure where in NJ you are, but I ended up going with Brown and Daub about an hour drive into PA. I don't think they are an actual Toyota dealer, but they gave me a great deal on a lightly used 2015 TRD Off-Road. I'm guessing someone traded it in for a new Wrangler. The price was right to the point where I didn't even haggle. Great salesman, didn't try to get any superfluous info from me. They have been helpful with all my follow up emails. Etc etc.

There was another PA dealer who had a great deal on a TRD Pro, I really wanted a full cab though, I forget the name of that place.

TLDR; I live in suburban NYC shit is over priced, drive an hour to smaller towns and get better deals. Search long and prosper.

Products Discussed in

To Top