1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No power to the AC help! I've replaced all the parts!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bwynne89, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Aug 3, 2015 at 7:13 PM
    bwynne89

bwynne89 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma
    So I have been reading many of the threads on hear about problems with AC for a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and i've done them all and still no AC. To start off, I took my truck to a "family friends" auto shop (he was actually the previous owner) and he told me the blower motor went out and it was going to be around $900 to fix it.. So i've been looking up how to do it myself and it looked easy and extremely cheaper. I ordered the $65 part and put it in myself and it did nothing. Then was reading about the resistor. So I took the resistor out and it looked pretty bad so I went to a Toyota shop and bought a new resistor. Put it in the truck while I was still in the parking lot and it also did nothing. So I went back in and asked about it and the man said I need to also replace the connector to the resistor. So I bought that part.. Went home and cut the old one off and striped the wires and connected the new piece. That also did nothing.... It seems there is no power getting anything. No noises are being made from anything and the AC light button does not come on. Basically, if my car was off as compared to running it would look and sound the same when I try and turn the AC on or mess with the switches. Please help! I live in Texas and it's so hot with no AC.

2. Aug 3, 2015 at 8:20 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Did you check for any blown fuses? That should have been the first thing to check.

The 10 Amp fuse for the AC Amplifier, in the engine compartment fuse panel. Should be marked "A/C".

The fuse that powers the blower motor is a 50 Amp Heater Fusible Link in the engine compartment fuse panel. Should be marked "Heater".

Check the Heater Relay in the same panel under the hood.

Lastly check the 10 amp IG1 No. 2 Fuse as it is what controls the heater relay.

If all of those are good and you have replaced the blower, resistor pack and connector. not much left except for the Ac Control Panel in the dash.

Check the fuses with a meter, do not go by appearance, they can be tricky.

Oh yeah:
    I would steer clear of this "Family Friends" shop from now on. He sounds like a crook. 900 dollars is insane.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Ugly Betty likes this.
  3. Aug 3, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    Please be a fuse, please be a fuse, please be a fuse....lol

4. Aug 3, 2015 at 8:36 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    Grab a test light and start probing things.

5. Aug 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM
    bwynne89

bwynne89 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma

I checked the fuses and they looked good. I will double check with a meter. Thanks

And yeah I will definitely never go to that guy again. Can believe he quoted me that when I found out how cheap the part was

6. Aug 4, 2015 at 1:04 PM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
    did you check the fuse box???

7. Aug 4, 2015 at 1:07 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Replace the fuses anyway. This happened on my 08 and the fuses looked good. I replaced the 10 amp fuse in the engine compt. marked ac and it fixed the problem.

8. Aug 4, 2015 at 5:03 PM
    bwynne89

bwynne89 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma
    Just doubled checked every fuse in my truck with a tester and they're all good. no clue where to go from here.

9. Aug 4, 2015 at 6:09 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    Pull the HVAC control panel out, and check for burnt pins on the fan switch connector, and for power on any of the pins with the ignition in the run position.

10. Aug 4, 2015 at 6:36 PM
    Conumdrum

Conumdrum Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma
    2WD Sport Nav SC V-6 Mall crawler Home Depot truck
    You took the fuses out and used a multimeter?

11. Aug 4, 2015 at 7:15 PM
    bwynne89

bwynne89 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma
    Yes, I replaced the ones that are for the AC and nothing. I am starting to think it could be the control panel. I pulled off the control panel, I don't see burn marks. I did notice that when I turn the directional dial on the right (the one going from face, feet, both, to defrost) from face to defrost there is a slight noise coming from the blower motor. Slight movement noise. But when I turn the speed dial from off to any speed nothing happens. I also noticed that the light for the air to circulate in the cab can be turned on and off, but the light for the AC never comes on. There are two connections going into the control panel so is there two different power sources coming from it? I guess the question is can the blower motor NOT be receiving info to turn on and change speeds but is receiving info to do something when I turn it from blowing on the face to defrost? If they are separated then that could be the solution, that the blower motor is not even being told to switch on or change speeds?? Not sure, just taking a wild guess.

Thanks for all the help.

12. Aug 4, 2015 at 7:18 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    PM me your email address and I'll send you the schematics for the AC Control...

Fuzzyface likes this.
  13. Sep 11, 2015 at 4:06 PM
    lawnrevenge

lawnrevenge Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    08 regular cab 5-lug, automatic
    Did this ever get solved? I've been down the same path for the last two weeks. New blower motor, resistor and connector. I've swapped all the fuses and checked them. The resistor and connector were burned and I had the fan not work from time to time for about a year but normally when I tapped on the fan body it would turn on. The ac light re-circulation light and right hand knob all work. I just checked and get voltage at the resistor connector. When I checked the plug at the controller I could hear what sounded like a relay switching. I'm wondering if I have a loose ground or bad relay. I have the schematic from the haynes manual. Anything I've missed?

14. Sep 15, 2015 at 4:23 PM
    bwynne89

bwynne89 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma
    Nope. I still sweating in the Texas heat. I think it is the AC control panel. I've called around a bunch of auto salvage yards with no luck finding the part. I would like to find someone with the same model truck and take our their control panel just to see if thats the problem.

15. Sep 15, 2015 at 4:34 PM
    lawnrevenge

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    I've replaced the relay. All I can think now is a bad ground or a bad switch. I opened up the switch and it's very simple. I can't imagine it failed.

16. Sep 19, 2015 at 7:27 AM
    lawnrevenge

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    I pulled my panel and checked all the connections with a continuity tester. It seems to work. That basically leaves a loose connection somewhere in the dash...

17. Jan 21, 2021 at 10:21 AM
    O1BabyYoda

O1BabyYoda Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 4x4 manual
    My custom headache rack, 2-in old man emu lift kit, air raid intake tube, deck plate mod my way, performance air filter, e-locker mod, custom shifters
    I'm having the same problem on my 2001 Toyota Tacoma the AC button does not light up sometimes it does but most of the time it doesn't

18. Jan 21, 2021 at 10:23 AM
    O1BabyYoda

O1BabyYoda Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 4x4 manual
    My custom headache rack, 2-in old man emu lift kit, air raid intake tube, deck plate mod my way, performance air filter, e-locker mod, custom shifters
    If anybody knows how to fix this let me know it's pain in the ass

19. Mar 5, 2022 at 1:16 PM
    vanwinklet

vanwinklet New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    MULTIPLE VEHICHLES
    NONE
    I am having the same problem but also no power to the 10 amp ac fuse.

20. Mar 5, 2022 at 6:51 PM
    Dm93

Dm93 Test Don't Guess

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DC OR 6spd 4x4
    Predator tube steps, Ranch Hand grill guard, Magnaflow CatBack exhaust, Toyota tool box & bed mat, 2LO Module by @Up2NoGood, Rearview Compass/Temp Mirror, Tune by @JustDSM.
    You don't have power on either side of the A/C fuse?
    Does your blower work? If it doesn't you need to check the 50A Heater fuse and Heater Relay next.
    Also year model of your truck would help to get the correct wiring diagram.

Jimmyh, TnShooter and 6 gearT444E like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top