1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No Sport TRD DSM Tacos?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ChamYota, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota [OP] Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Idk if its just me or do sport TRD Desert Sand Mica tacos are non-existent? I've seen every color except DSM and RR. ._. i was looking for a color matched grill along with a hood scoop color matched at gettoyotaparts.com and they dont have them. o.o i personally do not want to go through the trouble of taking the grill off and attempting to color match it and fock it up :(

2. Aug 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    You haven't seen a RR TRD Sport either??:spy:

The hood is one thing, but I've done my grill with color matched paint from the local paint store and it matches perfectly (sig pic). Just remember to use a the right primer color....it will save you a couple coats :)

3. Aug 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    VanCity4x

VanCity4x Well-Known Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    Ya same here, was looking for hood scoop. Prob easier to buy a truck with one already, would invlove cutting and drilling holes in hood.:confused: Dupli-color sells color match paint for stock paint colors, if you can find a dealer, they can get it. I am using black for all my parts, just got my rear bump powder coated, will do my grill in black too. I have a TRD Offroad, dont recall seeing dubcab trd sport in DSM.

4. Aug 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    colder

colder Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab TRD Sport
    I assume they aren't making them in this color any longer. Most of the tacos I saw at dealers this year were monocrhome (black, white, silver, grey)

5. Aug 14, 2011 at 10:35 PM
    VanCity4x

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    Ya they replaced it with pyrte mica. Its a little darker, hint of green. Not sure what was the last year.

6. Aug 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota [OP] Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...

I personally like both the colors. I would like to color match my grill(i dont like my chrome grill) and i'd like a hood scoop. DSM is a rare color to start with so the chances of either happening is slim.
    :confused:

7. Aug 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    VanCity4x

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    If you really dont want to spray it yourself take your grill to a collision shop, see what they can do. Ask them about the hood scoop. I know my buddy is getting his car painted for cheap at a local collage(he only has to buy the paint). They get the experiance.

Products Discussed in

To Top